Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. 11mth Old trying to climb out of cot, toddler bed time???

11mth Old trying to climb out of cot, toddler bed time??? Lock Rss

Hi,

My son is developmentally 3-4months ahead according to the pediatrician. He was crawling at 5 months and walking well by 10 months. This morning I found him trying to climb out of his cot.

All the information I have read says that you should wait till they are 2 before moving them to a toddler bed. Is trying to climb out a good enough reason or do I wait till he is actually climbing out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My daughter was climbing out of her cot by the age of 1 and hated being trapped in there, my cot converts to a little bed so for her safety i just took the sides off. Coudnt of gone better she was happy in her bed and never had any issues, in fact she slept alot better smile

Hi,

My son is developmentally 3-4months ahead according to the pediatrician. He was crawling at 5 months and walking well by 10 months. This morning I found him trying to climb out of his cot.

All the information I have read says that you should wait till they are 2 before moving them to a toddler bed. Is trying to climb out a good enough reason or do I wait till he is actually climbing out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I've never read anywhere they should move to a bed at age 2 (although all mine did at around 2 1/2 - but that's because they never climbed out and slept well in it).

You have to weigh up the risks, he might hurt himself climbing out - so might be better off in a toddler bed.
Sign in to follow this topic