Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. What is the Difference Night Terror/Night mare??

What is the Difference Night Terror/Night mare?? Lock Rss

Hi

I am just wondering and this may seam silly but what is the difference to night terrors to night mares???

I have been told that my 2yr old may be having a night terror, instead of night mare...

I am a little unsure as I have never heard of such thing...

If anyone can help shed some light that would be great..

Thanks

Tan

Tan,QLD,Connor 2, Mackayla 2wks old

hi there i was just reading in my sleep book and it says

That a night terror is, thrashing'blood curdling' scream;may be prolonged, child may act strangley or seemed possesed.

A night mare is a very frightening dream that wake your child and leave them feeling afraid, anxious and with a profound sence of dread

hope this helps
Hi Tanya

I think my 16month old is experiencing the same thing? It started with sobbing in her sleep and now has progressed to full blown screaming and thrashing.

I can't seem to settle her unless I get her out of her cot and walk around the House and then after 30-40 min settle her back to sleep with a bottle. Then most times will wake 5 or 6 times more maybe every 20-30 mins and we start all over again.

I don't think she is sick as she is perfect during the day, and I never have a problem at her day nap.

I am at my absolute wits end, having no sleep myslef (I had an hour last night) and I am terrifyed for my daughter. I have booked her in to a sleep clinic but that is a week away.

Can you please let me know what happenes to you and your little one, and please any advice you can give or someone's given you would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Haleys_Mum
Olivia

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Sign in to follow this topic