Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

weaning Rss

Hi,
my son is 23mths old and I am still breastfeeding. It is starting to wear me out. I have managed to wean him off daytime feeds. The problem is nightime. he knows every night as soon as mommy has her shower that it iis time to cuddle with her on the couch and have some boobies.
It now makes me try to have a shower later so that their is less time on my breast. By now there is not too much milk left, so after a few sucks it becomes sore.
My son is still in bed with me(which is another situation I have to address). He falls asleep every night on the breast and when he wakes during the night he likes to have the breast as a comfort to fall back to sleep again. Basically I am just a portable, warm dummy for him, I think.
Can someone please help me as all the tips I have received so far from other sources just haven;t worked. I really need help here....
Thanks
I have just read your message and was
wondering how things are going in the weaning department.
I have just weaned my 34 month old son this week and he too was in my bed and waking throught he night demanding the breast to put him back to sleep.Basically an identical situation to what you have described.
Let me know how things are going.

Julie~mum to Jordyn-12,Jai-9,Eli-5,Kayne-10months!

Hi,

My son is 12 month old and I have the same problem. I want to start the weaning process but I do not know how as he only sleeps on breastfeeding. He too sleeps in my bed which I do not have a problem with but would love for him to sleep on his own without the milk and without causing him to cry by using the control crying method which I hate...any ideas on how to do any of the above? I know we are in the same boat but sometimes it is nice to share and spread the knowledge...thanks heaps...

Rana
Sign in to follow this topic