Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Toilet Training
  5. What age to start the potty / toilet process???

What age to start the potty / toilet process??? Rss

Hello all,

My daughter is almost 13 months old and obviously too young to toilet train yet, but she shows a great deal of interest whenever I use the toilet. I am just wondering what age on average do mum's start trying to toilet train their little girls??? I just want to get some feed back to help me be a bit more prepared, as I have no idea at all.

In advance thankyou to those willing to share their ideas and advice.

Michelle
G'day Michelle, Nadine here! Just read your post and I think it doesn't hurt to start now if she appears interested!! My son was like that so I tried but no much success but then I tried again just after winter and success! He was toilet trained just after he turned 2! They say girls learn faster so give it a try, doesn't hurt!!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi michelle,

with my first i didn't know when to try either. it was when she was around 2.5yo that i thought oops better try toilet training. i skiped the training pants and went straight to normal underpants and she had one or two accidents and then was great after that. we still needed to use night time nappies or pull ups for a little while longer and managed to avoid soiling the mattress. After she had several dry nappies from sleeping thru the night we tried without and used a mattress protector under the sheet & underblanket and things worked out just fine.
good luck

Vic, 2 girls - 9 yo & 17mth old

Sign in to follow this topic