Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Lost with TT Lock Rss

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has ever hear of somewhere you can get help TT your kids. My son is three and has been in undies for three weeks. He can hold his bladder quite well rarely and accident but he doesn't want to go to the toilet. I tell him it's toilet time which usually results in a tantrum and after we get that out of the way and I get him to hop on the loo he does his wee and goes on his merry way. So you see it's not that he can't use the toilet he just doesn't want to do it for some reason. He never tells me he needs to go he just goes when I tell him too. We started out well with poohs we did it on the loo at one of our scheduled visits about every second day for the first week which I thought was ok and we'd get better as time goes on but he has done them all in his undies for the last two weeks straight. When I notice him starting to pooh I ask him if he needs to pooh and he says no so I try and encourage him to have a sit on the loo but I just get the usual defiance that I get everytime I suggest the toilet and he will stand there throwing a tantrum while he poohs in his jocks. I am really quite wound up about it all and try really hard to be calm and patient but I am 20 weeks pregnant and finding it tough. Any thoughts?
Hi Brismummy.
It sounds like you ar having a little bit of trouble! My friend is currently TT her daughter and she was the same, maybe not as severe as your DS but she didnt want to go to ;the toilet either. They went out and bought the ladder thing that has 2 or 3 steps with a toilet seat attached to it. Its blue red and yellow and i think you can get it from kmart and target type of stores. She has found her daughter now goes to the toilet with more confidence and she doesnt have to ask her as much. Good luck and i wish you clean jocks!!!

Jenni, DD 30.08.98 DS 29.10.04 DS 23.02.07 EDD 05

My daughter is having the same problem. I have just put it down to defiance that goes with that age group and the fact that she is lazy. My son is 18 months old and is starting to train and i keep a potty in the lounge room and in the bathroom to remind them both to go. Sticker charts proved suprisingly successful for about 2 weeks till the novelty wore off. We went and chose a new potty a few months ago and i let her choose it. It is a four in one ie the seat fits on the toilet bowl and it is also a step stool and that seems to be more effective than the standard potty. I have never been more frustrated in my life but have found that if i put her on every hour she gets sick of it and goes when she feels like it. Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic