Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

mozzie bites Rss

Hi,
According to my doctor, my son is allergic to mozzie bites. He had some bites which became infected a while ago and had to take antibiotics for three weeks. He was bitten again last night on his ankle and his ankle has now blown up with a lump about half the size of a golf ball. Getting his shoes on is impossible. I was just wondering if anyone knows of something I can put on the bite before it gets to this stage. I have been using stingose which doesn't seem to help much. He obviously has my blood as they eat me too!
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

Give tea tree oil a go. It tends to sooth and stop the itch. Its also a mild sntideptic so may clean/kill any infection the bite may have. Mozzies are my worst nightmare too, if I'm out at night with a group of people they seem to only attack me!

Hope your little boy gets better soon!

Jo, Sydney mama of 2 boys

Hi, another thing that stops the itching is plain old vinegar, just dab it on the bite with a cotton ball etc and it gives instant relief, it also help reduce the swelling.

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

I agree with tea tree oil it is great. you can buy a special medicine to take to stop your blood tasting good to mozzies too, just ask at a chemist it is over the counter and it does work had it for my daughter.

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

Thank you all for your replies. Next time he gets bitten, I will try your suggestions.

My babies are all grown up sad

Sign in to follow this topic