Huggies Forum

6 yr old, dental tips. Lock Rss

Hi Ladies I just thought I would try and find out from mothers with older children about some dental tips. My 6 yr oldost her first tooth yesterday, and its about time, it was wobboly for at least 6 weeks, and now i find that a tooth has already grown behind the wobably one that has now come out, I would like to know if this is common, and if the tooth at the back will come more forward seeing that the wobbobly tooth is no longer there, she has another 2 loose teeth next to it aswell, it looks odd to me, I am worried it will not come forward more, Pleas help, Ren.

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

Hi Ren,
I manage a dental practice and this is not uncommon. You may find the tooth will move forward a little or the next ones will be in a similar position. Has your daughter seen a dentist yet? We usually recommend they start around three years old to get use to it. It would be a good idea to get them checked when the other two fall out as sometimes it is best to catch problems early. Hope I have helped,
Naomi

My babies are all grown up sad

Hi Naomi, thanks for that, hopefully it will move forward into the spot where the tooth came out. its actually quite a large tooth, and she has such a small little mouth, I will try and get her into a dentist before x-mas and see what they have to say, but its good knowing that it isnt uncommon. Thanks again, ren : ) P.s. I looked back at what i typed and realised I didnt proof read it to well, i left a word or two out, silly me, sorry. I am a sleepy mum at the moment.

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

Sign in to follow this topic