Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Bathtime war Rss

My 2 year old daughter has decided in the last few months that she hates the bath. She screams and cries and genuinely looks terrified. Its got to the point that l just have to put her in screaming quickly wash her and out she gets. Nothing has happened to make her scared of the bath that l know of and she used to love it. Any advice?
Hi,

You have probably tried everything by now :'( , but here are a few ideas!

Maybe she can pick out a new bath toy, maybe even a bath book if she likes books, and you could read to her. Or a new doll, like a friend she can wash etc.

I use food colourings to make the bath more exciting. Each night my daughter says blue bath tonight, or what ever colour she chooses!!

Goodluck and let us know how things are going!
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Hi there,
We went through a period of war with our baths too. It took us months to get our 27mth old to enjoy them. It seemed odd as she was very willing to do her swimming lessons but just refused to entertain the idea of a bath. We ended up showering quickly with her for about 6wks, then we moved on to taking baths with her. Another trick we tried was the laundry tub which worked wonders. She thought it was really funny trying to lay down in the tub but she actually had to curl herself into a little ball to do it. One of the girls in my Mothers' Group is still bathing her 27mth old in the kitchen sink after months of her refusing to go in the bath.
Do what you can. Try all the tricks & hopefully you'll come out the other side still none the wiser of what caused the problem to begin with.
Best of luck,
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

Hi all,

Can't believe i am posting here with exackly the same problem! My nearly 2 and a half year old, who use to spend up to an hour daily in the bath, is kicking screaming and totally refusing to go in! As in the first post, i now have to quickly hold her in and wash and rinse!

Last night hubby showered with her and that was OK, but he isn't always here at night and i don't have the time to shower with her everyday!!

Any ideas please,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

My 3 year old likes his bath but loves his shower. Last year (when he was 2) we went to stay with a friend (who is now my husband) who didn't have a bath in the house. I wasn't sure what to do so I just stood him in the shower by himself. He was a little unsure at first but soon couldn't get enough of it. He takes a bucket into the shower and collects the water and plays with it. This is great in our house as the water pressure is fairly low and it takes for ever to fill the bath but there is just enough for a shower

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Sign in to follow this topic