Huggies Forum

Holidays with Toddler Lock Rss

Hello

We just arrived back from our holiday we went to port douglas we were suppose to stay 5 nights but ending up coming home early and actually stayed 3 nights!

the place we stayed at was really lovely but not really suitable for a 17 month old baby the rooms were not baby safe ie. kitchen spent most of our holiday telling our little boy no you can't touch that as he keep pulling stuff out of the cupboards!

I did feel sorry for him as you could tell he was really bored! the other thing is the place supplied a port a cot for our little boy to sleep in which he refused he ended up sleeping in the bed with us (not good I know but if its the only way you can all sleep you just put up with it I guess)

and there was nothing really at the placed we stayed at for our little boy to do they had a pool which is great but you can have a little boy in a pool all day! and we spent most of the day walking up and down the main street of town to get him to go to sleep! i think it was too hot there for him! it was definetely too hot for me!

Never mind I don't think we will be planning another family holiday for a couple of years! and it may have been better for us to go somewhere like the seaworld nara resort Oh well not to worry

bye bye now

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

Sorry to hear that your holiday wasn't what you expected Melly. I guess its always going to be hit and miss unless you ask a million questions before you go to make sure the place is going to be suitable.

I'm really keen to go on a driving tour of the South Island when our baby (not yet arrived) is under 1. I've always wanted to go and we would have done it next year if not for the baby so I figure we can still do it. My MIL thinks it should be okay as long as we take our time and aren't in a hurry to get anywhere. I don't think I'm that keen to try an overseas trip while the baby is young but if its on offer then I don't want to say no either!

Mum to Caitlin & Owain

its disappointng when things dont work as expected. we are lucky in a way as my inlaws have a small beach cottage we can go to to holidays and its only an hour and a half away but its not very suitable for our youngest who is 2 there are only 2 bedrooms so ryan has to sleep in this porta cot in the bathroom as dh cannot sleep with him in the same room. my parents have recently bpought a nrw unit at port macquarie which we may attempot to go to after xmas

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

hey melly,
pity your holidays didn't turn out very well ... I think it just depends what you do and where you stay I guess! My friend recently went to Port Douglas for a week with a 10 month old and they all had a great time!! Their little boy LOVED the pool where they were staying, they went to a croc farm, they went on a boat, they hired a bicycle with a baby seat on it ... they were sorry the holiday didn't go for longer!! They also had a portacot supplied for their son by the place they were staying at ... I'm pretty sure their son slept in it no probs!!
Maybe your next adventure will turn out better!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Hi Melly, we got back from Cairns a month a go, and it was very hot. We took our 2 year old, and he was very grumpy the whole time, I think he didnt like the heat either, he was very restless and we are not keen to go on another holiday with him until he is a bit older. We will relax more. His behaviour was alot different up there, and we had the same problem with him wanting to touch everything in the cupboards and jumping of platforms in our apartment, we had to watch him the whole time, so i know how you feel, Other than that I loved Cairns. Ren : )

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

thanks everyone for your kind words!

never mind, at least our little boy was happy when he got home! he was so much more relaxed! and not bored at all!

thanks again

bye

melly

melissa, vic, Patrick 2.5 & Laura 15 months

he was probably relieved to be back in familiar surroundings!!

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

Sign in to follow this topic