Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Caring for your Toddler
  5. Small pimple like blisters ....

Small pimple like blisters .... Lock Rss

Hi, my daughter has a cluster of small blisters which look similar to pimples on her chest near her shoulder (about 10 or so), and they look like they're filled with a clear fluid. She's had them for afew months now and was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar, know what they are or know of a treatment for them.

Thanks,
JaidasMum24

Jaida (6), Ameli (2) & Lacey (2mths) - SA

Hi Jaidasmum,

It sounds like it is dermatitis (similar to eczma), I get about this time of the year inbetween my fingers. Aqueous cream from the chemist is good, it is olive oil & sorbelene cream.

However if you still not 100% sure, maybe a visit to the doctor will help.

Hope this helps.

Sal
Thanks Sal, I emailed the institute of dermotology about it and they said it sounded like Molluscum Contagiosum - which I then looked up on the net, and thats exactly what it is.

Thanks for your reply, atleast I know what it is now.
JaidasMum24

Hi Kirsty,

I am glad that you were able to find out what it was, hopefully it will clear up quickly.

Sal
I found something similar on Taneesha i went to 2 chemists and they didnt know what they are, i asked my aunty who is a nurse and she told me it looks like prickly heat rash and to let it run its course, as there no antibotics to treat it, but it was hot today and i noticed it flared p heeps so i think my aunty may be right

Ann - Mummy To Taneesha, Jesse & Hallie

mylittle girl had some thing very similar to what you are saying even down to the same spot on her chest/shoulder my doctor told me she had folictilitus (not sure on spelling) pronounced
FOL-LIC-TO-LI-TUS It is contagious and needs antibiotics to treat it . I thought it was dematits too.
and didnt take her until it spread hope this helps
Recently my 22 month old daughter also had pimple like blisters,a trip to the doctor and he said it was just Chicken Pox.
We were told to give her baths in PINETARSOL solution and use plenty of good ,old fashioned Calamine lotion to stop her itching...This has worked and 6 days later,the sopts have almost healed up completely.
Hi Kirsty,

I've just been reading your post and my little girl actually has little blisters just like you've described particularly around under one arm. Could easily be the same thing. Just wondering how you were told to treat it in your little one??

Thanks.
Shanna
Hi Shanna, I took Jaida to the GP about a month or so just to make sure this is what it was and he confirmed it was Molluscum Contagiosum. It is usually contracted from another child either in a bath/pool, using their towel etc etc. Unfortunately theres nothing you can do to treat it which is disappointing as coming up to summer it looks quite bad I know. They will start to clear up them selves after around 9 months, which I have found Jaidas are starting to do ... they turn quite red before going kind of scabby, then healing. I have included a web site for you to confirm whether this is what your daughter has or not (It does have a few graphic photos on there just to warn you), but has excellent diagnosis photos (Jaidas looked very similar to the first photo)..

http://www.molluscum.com/Diagnostic_photos.asp

Let me know how u go ... and hope this helps.
JaidasMum24

Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to me and the info. Have been doing a little research myself since I posted. Alynta has a swimming lesson each week, so that's the only way I can figure that she has got it.

There's a couple things I'm going to try with hers, so if there's any success I can let you know. Have you spoken to a Natropath at all, or just the Dr? I had a look at the pics and they she look like what she has just very early stage though at present.

Anyway, thanks again. I appreciate it. Hope to hear from you.

Smiles!
Shanna
Hi Shanna, the pool would definately do it. No I havent seen a natropath, as all the web sites I've seen and the doctor said they'll go away by them selves .. unless you want to prick each one and try to get all the stuff out, but then you have the risk of spreading them (and I dont think we'd have much success in doing this with toddlers anyway, lol)

What are the things you're going to try out of interest?

JaidasMum24

Hey Kirsty, (or do you prefer me to call you JaidasMum24?)

Anyways, yeah, that was kinda like the stuff I read too. Did you see the one that sells the kits with all the 'silver' based products to help treat it?? looked interesting but kinda time consuming too.

Um, the thing I was going to try is called Xango. It's a juice made from the whole fruit of the Mangosteen (no relation to the mango). It's been shown to have so pretty amazing properties including being anti-bacterial/fungal and viral. You can drink it, but you can also let it dry out and use it as a topical ointment. I'm going to see how Ally goes with just drinking it first (since the Molluscum thing is systemic anyway) and then depending on how that goes, going to try doing the topical thing. Best thing is it actually tastes great so it's no dramas to get her to drink it. Will let you know howit goes anyway.

Talk soon,
Shanna
Sign in to follow this topic