Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

ow body temperature Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with the body temp of my 22 mth old. At night he tends to kick off the bedding and feels qiute cool to the touch. When I take his temp it is only registering around 35 to 35.5 degrees and even when I cuddle him he struggles to reach 36. During the day he can be around 36.3 to 36.5. When I spoke to the 24 hour MCHN they said it is not normal and I should take him to hospital. When I spoke with my GP and the creche he goes to they said not to worry and that he will be fine. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is the reading on the themometer just a figure and I should go with just how my child acts (he is fine) or is he really cold and there is something wrong with him and his ability to keep warm?
I know the calibration of themometers is not 100% but I have 3 of them. Any help or experiences of others would be appreciated.
PS at the mo he is on amoxycillin for an eye infection, just wondering..... but the GP does not think so.

Mum to Aidan 20 Jan 04 and Georgia 10 Nov 05

Don't quote me on this or anything, cos i would hate for you to take my advice in case something really is wrong!
I have heard the body temop drops in the night time, i'm not sure if it's just with adults or kids as well, but as i said don't read this and think there is nothing wrong, cos i could be wrong and there may be something wrong!
Trying to help, but don't know if i really have!
Let me know how you go, interesting to find out!

kelly, NSW, 4year old and 2 year old boys and expe

Sign in to follow this topic