Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

Worming??? Rss

In regards to my worming topic pushed wrong button not allowing returned messages please reply to this post!!!!!

amy,vic,3 year old & 1 year old

You should only worm your children if they regularly play with animals or where you might find animal faeces like a park or if they have signs like an itchy bottom. You can check to see if they have worms by shining a torch around the anus at night when the kids are in bed as you should normally be able to see them at this stage. As far as being hungry and active that is a bit of an old wives tale. Hope this helps!!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Thanks for that info have spoken to a few people over the week including health centre thay all say the same thing. We should be right since we don't have any pets. Will tell my mother in law things have changed since she was raising kids...Thanks again.

amy,vic,3 year old & 1 year old

I would've agreed with you about only worming when symptoms appear, but when my daughter was 6 months old she was found with Intestinal worms. Also she had not been playing with dirt nor animals. The only symptoms she had was diarhoea - you could see the worms in the bath.
The only way we can guess that she picked them up is from Child-care.
So I will be worming her annually for her own protection - it doesn't hurt them and is pretty cheap to do
.... Actually I thought everyone wormed annually
Sign in to follow this topic