Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

FAMILY DAY CARE CENTRE Lock Rss

Hi mummas,

I am looking into putting my 10 month old into childcare for one day a week and was wondering if anyone puts there children into family day care. If you guys could share your experiences that would be great

Thanks
Ellas mumma
Hi Ellas Mumma,

My mum is actually a family day care worker. She has a maximum of 4 children in care during the day. I would love to be able to put my son in something similar as the children seem to get more one on one time with the carer, but have been unable to track anyone down in the area.

Mum has such a close relationship with the children that she even attends their ballet concerts etc to watch them. Mum does love kids though........she is a foster mum of 5 as well.

Robert (31 Jan 04) & Jeremy (7 Dec 05 @30 weeks)

Hi Ellas Mum,

A friend of mine had her 2 year old in family daycare one day a week and has now taken him out of it. She was finding that when she went to pick him up in the afternoon at 5pm the older children were home from school and she felt that her little boy was in the way and was being ignored. When she arrived to pick him up she'd often find him upset and wandering around the yard on his own and the family (including carer) would be inside together. He's now in a larger childcare centre and seems much happier.

Jen

Jen, Qld, 06/03 girl & 04/05 boy

hello,
my daughter (2.4yrs) started attending family day care at 13 months old and loved it, the carer and her family are lovely people who did a great job at looking after dakota, unfortunatly she is now on maternity leave having twins.
i have found another carer who is completely different but my daughter still enjoys going there.
there is only 4 children at a time.
you also can visit different carers and choose one you are comfortable with.
i myself work in a childcare centre and there is no way children get as much attention as they do in FDC.
also you only pay for your hours not for full days.

Freaked2002, 3 girls 07/03 09/05 & 06/07

Sign in to follow this topic