Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

when to 'go again'?? Rss

Maya is 14 months and I always thought I would like to have my kids 2 years apart... only thing is that would mean falling pregnant next month!!!! It has come so quickly and I'm just enjoying Maya so much I'm a bit scared to change anything. I keep changing my mind from just going for it to waiting another year, what are other kids age gaps, how did that work for you??

DD#1- 2004, DD#2 -2006, DD#3 -23/10/08.

My girls are 25 months apart - the eldest turns 4 in December and the other 2 in January. As the youngest one is getting to the age where she can actively play with her sister, things have been getting a lot easier, and it is great to see the relationship and close friendship they are developing. They have 2 totally different personalities, but still find a lot in common, which I don't know that they would if there was a bigger age gap.

It wasn't easy being pregnant and coping with the tiredness and morning sickness while looking after an active toddler, particularly as they don't really comprehend what is happening. The first 6 months after the baby was born was also interesting, with my eldest becoming really unsettled - I was often up to her nightmares more at night than I was with the baby, but it did get easier with time. I must admit there were times when I thought why on earth did I go again while my eldest was still only a baby herself, but now, I wouldn't have it any other way - 25 months is a great gap.

mum2girls

mum to 2 girls

I had a thirteen month age gap with the first three, (second preg was twins), and when i have my fourth there will be another 13 month gap between it and the twins. They were all planned. I've found it works fantastically, as the older was too young for jealousy when sisters came along, and i figure i may as well overlap all the nappy changing, interrupted sleep, bottles etc. My main advice is to remember that it takes nine months to cook a baby, and your oldest and your life changes quite a bit in that time.

Kelly, 22, 1 @ 25/1/04, 2 @9/3/05, 1@5/4/06

Sign in to follow this topic