for toilet training!

Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. toddler nearly 2- how to stop night bottle in bed

toddler nearly 2- how to stop night bottle in bed Rss

Hi, I am having a fair bit of trouble trying to get my son out of the having a milk bottle when he is going to bed, he is nearly 2. I dont know whether to give him a cup when goes to bed or what. If anyone has anything that would help me on ways to get him out of it please let me know. thank you
If you can, try see if he will have the bottle just before he goes to bed then after he finishes his bottle get him to brush his teeth! Maybe his bottle at night is soothing to him! My son loved to have a bottle in bed at night. Whatever you chose for a solution, try not to do it abruptly, make it a smooth transition!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

My very trusted G.P. has told many times over many thing (toilet training, speech, immunisations) to stop worrying about what others think and that when your child is ready to stop something they will do that. My daughter is nearly three and still has a bottle at bed time. Like everything else that she has accomplished in her short but eventful life she will do in her own time. If she is school age and still having a bottle i might wonder but now it is not a concern to me.
But with that being said if you want your son to stop having a bottle then i hope you are successful... after all we are the bosses... aren't we???!!!! LOL
If it is a comfort to your son to have the bottle going to bed, you could always try putting warm water in the bottle instead of milk. My son just wanted to suck on something to get him off to sleep. He's 17months now and has stopped wanting the bottle to go to sleep altogether.
My son was just over 2 and waking 3 to 4 times a night for a bottle we waitd untill it was easter and got easter bunny to leave a no spill cup and we put his bottle away he didnt even mention his bottle as he had something better

narelle vic.3yr old.and 1yr old

my 2 yr old hsa a drnkif milk in a sippa cup b4 bed during the day at home he has the cup of milk to take to bed at preschool i dont think he hsa a drink at nap time

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic