Huggies Forum

I NEED IDEA'S PLEASE Lock Rss

my twin boys r 6months old and will not eat the cooked pumpkin and patato i cook for them, can sumoen please give me idea's what i can give them or do..
thanks smile

rachel(26),QLD, twin boys, born 10/5/04

Try mashing it with a little bit of cottage cheese and parmesan cheese. My daughter loved this at that age.
cooked potato and sweet potato or what u already have cooked and add a little bit of pureed apple (sounds yuk but thats what my clinic nurse suggested and my son ate it every time)
why try to force them? potato is hardly the world's most nutritional vegie (broccoli takes that award!). My girls (3 and 2) still won't eat potato, pumpkin or sweet potato. And? They aren't missing out on anything nutritionally - one day they'll discover that potatoes are YUMMY!

mumto3, Qld, 3, 2 & newborn

The cheese might work for you as it seems to be popular. Try other vegies like carrot (which is quite sweet) or add the sweeter vegies like carrot to the pumpkin and potato. Apple is definitely a good idea as it seems to help children eat lots of things they might otherwise leave well alone. They won't miss out on much without pumpkin or potato in their diet.

Rhonda, Vic

MY DAUGHTER WOULD NEVER EAT IT EITHER, SO I PUT A LITTLE STEWED APPLES WITH PUMPKIN. GRADUALLY REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF APPLE YOU ADD, THIS WORKED FOR ME! YOU CAN ALSO ADD VEGEMITE TO VEGES FOR EXTRA FLAVOUR. TRY AVOCADO AND APPLES, NO NEED TO COOK THE AVOCADO, JUST MASH IT UP. EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOUR BABIES MIGHT. IT HAS 11 VITAMINS AND MINERALS IN IT.

Jacks Mum.

Sign in to follow this topic