Huggies Forum

2year old won't eat Lock Rss

I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter who everyone says is solid and I wonder why because she doesn't eat anything. As a baby she ate salads by herself and anything that was put in front of her, with no help. For at least 6 months now she asks for lollies but often we don't have any. I tried taking her off bottles during the day but she screams for them and all she will take is milk in a bottle , she doesn't drink any water or juice only wants milk all day long. Can anyone help. Maude

maude,Redlands,2years

You might have to get tough with her and stop the milk in a bottle.

Milk is probably filling her up enough that she doesn't feel hungry to eat, she really should be drinking water especially now that summer is coming on.

Toddler Taming by Dr Christopher Green is very good in regards to toddlers who don't eat. Alot of toddlers are hungry one day and not the next, some snack all day long and don't seem to eat huge quantities of food.

Hopefully it's just a stage she is going through, Ella went through a stage she wouldn't eat my cooking of a night and it lasts a couple of months.

I certainly would cut the milk intake down to try and encourage her to eat and drink water.

You can also buy a tonic at the Chemist which is full of the B Group Vitamins which actually makes them hungry and encourages them to eat.

Louise, Brisbane Qld. Mum to Ella and Luca

Sign in to follow this topic