Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

milk Lock Rss

My son is 13months and has been on cows milk for 1 month. My husband and i have always drunk long life milk so that is what weve been giving our son,but a friend told me the other day that i shouldnt be giving long life milk to him. Does anyone know if this is true ?

kylie,nsw,mum to William & Hannah

Hi Kylie,
My DH drinks Long Life milk .. but I've always kept skinny milk for myself and full cream for DS. I was curious about this myself for when we went camping (save carrying oodles of varieties of milk in the car fridge!)
I found this link ... and yes, Long Life and UHT have the same food values as ordinary milk and are just as good for children

<a href="http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails.aspx?p=114&np=302&id=1788#3">Parenting and Child Health: Milk for Toddlers</a>

Hope this helps! smile

Sue, DS b. Mar 2004

I saw a segment recently on tv (either Brisbane Extra or A Current Affair or Today Tonight) regarding milks. I am pretty sure that they said the same thing - there is no difference in nutritional value between 'fresh' milk and long life milk (and powdered milk for that matter). They actually conducted a taste test, and there may have been some marginal taste differences, but nutritionally, they are all equivalent (ie all full cream milk are equal, skim milk equal etc). I have given long life milk to James on some occasions when we have run out of 'fresh' full cream milk and had no adverse reactions at all.

James' Mum

Sign in to follow this topic