Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. What time to drop 1 bottle

What time to drop 1 bottle Lock Rss

My DD is 12 1/2 months old and she is still drinking 4 bottles a day.
9am for breakfast
1pm for lunch
5pm for dinner
9:30 before bed.

I dont know which one to drop and how do spread it out evenly.

She seems to be drinking approx 230ml per bottle so i have increased her solid intake and added snacks

Should i change the 5pm bottle to a cup and only give her a bit?? or should i take it out all together.

She still sleeps twice a day once at approx 11am and then again at 3.30pm.

Please any one who has any ideas let me know!!

Julie, NSW

Hi Julie!
My DS is now 2, but from memory I opted to drop the dinner bottle first, then worked up to dropping the lunch time bottle. As far as making the changes (substituting formula for milk then water for milk), I just did it gradually and let him tell me really. There wasn't much fuss, and I introduced sipper cups/ straws (as he got older) which were quite a novelty for him.
He now only has milk for bedtime (just recently I've noticed he isn't drinking milk at brekky time). He's always been a magnificent eater, so no stress on any nutrition lacking there!
Try the 5pm feed on a cup and see how you go... the fun bit is finding a cup that takes their fancy!
Everyone is a little different, my girlfriends' DS is 2 1/2 and still has three bottles (teat) a day but he eats like a sparrow and has vitamin enriched formula.
It's probably a bit experimental .. but you'll soon find a groove that works .. smile

Sue, DS b. Mar 2004

hi i would drop the dinner time one and just give her a solid meal for dinner. just wean her off slowly so she gets use to the idea . kids dont like alot of changes. i would still give her a morning one and night one. maybe do the the same to the lunch time one next and see how u go. u can give her a cup to drink out of at dinner time after her meal.

philippa mum of Charley chicken

Taylah has a cup of milk first thing when she wakes up then a bottle at 11 am before bed then a bottle at 7pm before night bed so she has 2 bottles a day try to use a cup instead of a bottle for 2 feeds. taylah is 12 1/2 months old to.

Selene, NSW, JAKE 3 TAYLAH 1

Sign in to follow this topic