Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

won't eat fruit! Rss

Hi guys,
my 13 month old refuses most fruit. She would eat mango when it was in season and will eat avocado and tomato as well as all her veges. In all other aspects she is a great eater but I am worrying about her fruit free diet. She will eat fruit bars adn fruit in yoghurt - it must be disguised! Any suggestions?
Just a couple of suggestions - try mixing fruit puree or mashed banana through porridge for breakfast, make a fruit smoothie, make up some jelly and put some sliced fruit in before setting (apparently pineapple stops it setting but most other fruit is fine).

Hope this helps
Jasmine
I give Maya pureed fruit mixed with baby cereal as a dessert sometimes. not sure if this will work for you, as Maya is a big fruit eater, but if you buy the flavoured baby cereal (apple or banana) you might get away with it. Maya likes this to because she is at an age where she likes to spoon feed herself (14mths) and the fruit and cereal mixture sticks to the spoon really well.
Good luck.
Oh, and also if you freeze chunks of banana, apple etc it becomes like an iceblock, so is a bit of a novelty. Or mashed banana in custard.
And I like Jas idea about the fuit smoothie, my mum used to make these for us every day to get fruit and milk into us after school

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Thanks! those are good ideas - I just need to be a bit more creative!

Hiya,

Another idea, add avacardo to the fruit. It thickens it up and is quite filling for them. It's great for savoury lovers, like my kids.

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Avocado is a good fat source for growing babies too. The dietitian had me adding avocado mash to everything for Maya for a while, even her baby creal and fruit!

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

Hi again,

I just had another thought on this one, maybe you could add some ricotta cheese to the fruit. It will make it less sweet, which might be nicer for your little one,

how is everything going??

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

I like the cheese idea - she never knocks back cheese! I will have to give it a go. Thanks girls - your ideas are great!
When my SOn was younger I use to add Ricotta Cheese, pureed fruit and a little farex and he loved it doesnt any more. you know changing eating habis and all. Now he wont heat fruit at all

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Yeah, my son aswell. He is 23months and won't eat fruit that he used to eat. Its frustrating!!!
I forgot to mention he doesn't have any trouble eating Goulburn valley fruits in tub or the Heinz Gel Fruit Range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
But fresh fruit cut up he sometime eats and othertimes no way. He used eat EVERYTHING!!!.
My son also loves the SPC pureed apple and the Heinz Gel Fruit Range but no fresh fruit, they offer a fresh frit platter at day care for morning tea and aparently hes the only one that won't eat it I thought by coping the other kids he would come around but NO

Maree NSW, Oscar 5 yrs and Anton 2yr

Sign in to follow this topic