Learn more
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Toddler
  4. Feeding your Toddler
  5. Egg & Peanut Free Recipes Please

Egg & Peanut Free Recipes Please Rss

Hi,
I have a little boy of 15 months who is allergic to eggs, peanuts and a slight allergy to soy. Does anybody have any good recipes for treats like muffins or cakes without these things?
I found a recipe for kids the other day, it was for cheesey polenta square, if you little boy can have milk and cheese.

I made it for my two (1 + 2) and they loved it smile.

1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 cup polenta
3/4 cup cheese (90 g)

boil the milk and water and then reduce to simmer, slowly whisk in the polenta and keep stirring until it has become thick and pulls away from the sides. Place 1/2 in a 20cm square cake tin and then put the cheese over the top and then smooth over the other half and allow to cool completely. once cool cut into squares and brush with oil on both sides and cook for 2 min or until crisp on either a frypan or health grill.

This was served with home made tomato sauce, so if you want the recipe for that I'll post it.
Hi Little Daniel and his Mummy,
I hope Daniel is your son's name. I also have a 14 month old who is allergic to eggs and nuts. I have found a product called "Egg Like" that you can use as a replacement for eggs. I find in cakes and things like that I need to double the quantity of "egg" e.g. 2 eggs in the recipe = 4 egg like equivalent. I purchased it at Coles in the Health Food section, you can probably also get from Health food shops. I also give Joshua rice crackers though it needs to be the Fantastic brand as they are the only safe ones I have found. Good luck and Happy Parenting, Jodi, Luke and Joshua

1 wonderful boy 6 and another on the way

Yummy biscuit receipe

Almond biscuits

60g butter or margarine
2tbsp icing sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 tblsp ground rice or rice flour
flaked almonds

Icing
1/2 egg white ( substitute with approx tblsp water or milk perhaps)
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp plain flour

Toast almonds - slow heat 150C 10 mins

Cream butter and icing sugar
Stir in flour, ground almonds & rice
Knead dough lightly on floured surface until smooth
Roll to 5mm thick and cut into shapes
Place in lighly greased tray and cook for 25mins at 160C until light brown

remove from oven, ice biscuits whilst still warm and sprinkle with toasted almonds

ICING - beat egg white lightly with fork, whisk in icing sugar and flour

This recepie is yummy - the kids and adults love the biscuits and I double the recipie so we can have some extras.

Louise, Vic, mum of Daniel almost 3yrs

Hi DB,
I've found this cook book really helpful.
Friendly Food: recipes for life
It's available from the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Allergy Clinic & no doubt, good book sellers. I hope it helps you.
Peta

Peta, NSW, mum of 2 gorgeous girls

Hi,

My daughter also is allergic to eggs and peanuts and I make all her treats. One of her favourites is: "Ma Bickies" (Her Grandmother made them first so that is what they have been called from then on)

4 Ounces Butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons Boiling water
1/2 teaspoon Bicarb soda
1-2 teaspoons syrup
1 cup self raising flour
3 crushed Weetbix (make sure you use the Sanitarium ones as these are peanut free)

Cream the butter & sugar. Mix the boiling water and bicarb together. Then add to sugar mixture. Add the syrup, flour and weetbix. Mix and roll into little balls. Cook in 180 oven for about 12-15 mins. Makes about 24.

Also when it comes to cakes and muffins I also just adapt the recipes. I make everything without eggs and make sure all my products (flour etc.) are peanut free and she still loves them.

A favourite meal I make for Madison is rissoles. They also can be made with out eggs. I grate heaps of vegetables and mix it into the mince. The trick to keeping the rissoles combined is really working the mince with your hands for a good 5 or more minutes. This releases the protiens from the meat which is what will keep the rissole together when cooking. Also rolling them in a bit of plain flour helps.

I hope these few recipes help.

Tarsha, QLD, Girls 3 & 1

I have done a Google search using the words 'Egg and Peanut free recipes' and came up with a heap of recipe sites. Try them out - good luck.

Domestic Goddess Mum of Four!

Hi Daniels' Mum,

I have just found a great "egg & peanut" free chocolate cake recipe. It is really yummy. I am sure you and your son will enjoy it.

It is the first real birthday cake I have been able to make for my daughter. It actually looked like a regular cake instead of a hard flat block.

3 cups flour
2 cups brown (not raw) sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp vanilla essence

Mix all dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add wet ingredients, mix until smooth. Bake in an 8" round pan at 180 for about 30-35 minutes, or use patty cake papers.

The time may differ for your oven - I know it was more like 45-50 minutes in my oven. It took a very long time to cook in the middle.

For icing I used a butter icing recipe and it was just delicious.

1 cup icing sugar
25 g softened butter
1-2 tbsp milk
1/2 cup fine coconut
1/2 tsp pink food colouring

I hope you enjoy this cake as much as my family did.

Tarsha, QLD, Girls 3 & 1

Sign in to follow this topic