Huggies Forum

new member looking for help Lock Rss

Hi, my name is Karen and my four year old boy as sweet as he is has development delay, sensory integration disorder and dyspraxia. Is there ANYONE out there who has a child with similar challenges that i could meet up with. I feel very alone even though I have three other older boys.

Karen, Brisbane mum of 3 1/2

HI, MY NAME IS SHARON. I HAVE 2DS 7 AND 2YEARS. MY ELDEST SON HAS A SENSORY DISORDER TOO. I THOUGHT THE MENTAL HEALTH PEOPLE WERE FULL OF IT. I AM SO GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE. MY SON HAS A SENSORY SEEKING PROBLEM. HIS 5 SENSORS HAVE TO BE SATISFIED ALL THE TIME. HE CRAVES IT. THIS MAKES HIM SEEM A.D.D. TO ALOT OF PEOPLE. HE IS SO FULL ON. IS THIS WHAT YOUR SON HAS? IF NOT I WOULD STILL LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU ARE DOING. I HAVE TROUBLE CONNECTING WITH HIM AS IT IS SO TIRING. I FEEL LIKE SUCH A BAD PARENT FOR BEING THIS WAY. I READ AN ARTICLE IN THE SUNDAY MAIL RECENTLY THAT MADE A LITTLE SENSE TO ME.WE LIVE ON THE SUNSHINE COAST BUT WE ARE MOVING BACK TO BRISBANE IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.
FROM SHARON AND MY TERRORS
Hi there,
I have a little boy who is 14 months old he has severe developmental delays due to missing part of brain(septum pellucidum),he also suffers from brain damage due to lack of blood and oxygen to the brain during labour and birth,he also has a vision impairment(SOD),suspected epilepsy and has now been classed as having a form of cerebal palsy which just basically means he can't use his arms,legs to do what he is suppose to.He does not crawl,walk,he babbles but does not talk,doesn't hold toys or his own bottle etc.Basically he is a 14 month old newborn if you get what i mean.I also feel alone as i do not know of anyone experiencing this and there are no forums on the internet.
Sign in to follow this topic