Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

late crawler Rss

hi, my name is Lynda and I have a 12 month old boy, Nicholas. He started sitting up alone at 6 months , but then he just came to a stop. No rolling and no crawling. At 11 months we started to be concerned with his motor skills, so the doctor sent us to a physio. She has done wonders with him, and although he is still not crawling he has
improved 100%. He is now attempting to move in the crawling position and can now pull himself up against furniture. Alot of people said to me Nicholas will walk first and not crawl, but I'm not fussed as long as he is happy.

lynda, SA, 1yr/3yrs

Hi Lynda. It sounds like you have done the right thing and had Nicholas looked at by the right people. Like you said as long as he his a happy little boy and is healthy then you shouldn't worry. There is what you call "early starters" and "late bloomers". Also just when you think they are going to walk they crawl instead. One can never predict what their child is going to do. Have fun!!

Tracey,twins b&g 4yrs

hi tracey,
I just wanted to thankyou for your kind words about Nicholas and to let you know, 10 days after his first birthday he is now crawling.
thanks again

Lynda

lynda, SA, 1yr/3yrs

my daughter was a late crawler and walker to she was 13 ish months before she was crawling. dont compare your child with other peoples. each child is different they learn at different rates, they are all different. its different if there was a reason for not wanting to do anything you totally did the right thing. but dont stress. my little girl was to content to want to do anything she'd just play with her feet she had no need of crawling around and stuff until she wanted to... she was just a happy little chappy doing her own thing. and she a normal healthy happy child...

narelle

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

i meant 13ish months before she was Walking not crawling. damn i didn't read through it first.

Narelle, Eilish 5th june 2002 TTC since dec 2002

hi Lyn

I know how you feel my son did'nt crawl till 14 months he to is doing physio and I have found thats what has helped him, they are now teaching him to walk he is now 19 months.
Have you read Denzel's storey my letter re:developmental delay
Sign in to follow this topic