Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

how many words Lock Rss

hi i have a 14 month old and was just wondering what other words your children are saying now he is saying mum dad ta and thats about it just wanting to see if he should be saying a bit more yet and what words other 14-16 months are saying
thanks

fiona,

OK my son is 16 months on the 22nd of this month and so far he says;

mum
dad
nan
ta
no
oh dear
oh no
what
bye
shoes
stay
dont
doh (dorothy the dinosaur)

I think thats about it from memory, there's a couple in his playgroup that say a lot more and a few that say a lot less. I think its an individual thing for them.

Wanda, Melb. Cody 22.12.04 & Jai 30.4.06

My son is 14th months old and he can say :
Mumma
Dadda
Spud (his dads name)
Nanna
Grandad (he says nandad)
JoJo (our dogs name)
Em (His Aunties name)
Tah
Dont
mine
Azz (his cousins name Shaz)
no
ta ta
bubba (he calls his bottle that)
Sam (sandwich, when he first said this i thought he said my name till he was pointing to a sandwich)
mote (remote)
cot
Car

Thats all i think, he trys to say other words but i have figured them out yet. lol

hi
i thought this topic would be the perfect time to tell you all about a website called tinytalk,i guess initially it was started for the deaf but i found it fascinating ,as ive always wanted to learn how to do sign language and they say this is the perfect way to start to understand your child before they can actually talk .i have ordered their book and they have heaps of other things like flash cards dvd's ,any way thought id mention it

chris wa 1yr, 2yrs 14 yr

thanks for all your replies they all sound like they are doing well i guess he will start when he is ready

fiona,

Hey Fiona!
Joel is saying Mum, Dad, Yes, NO, Ta, Star, Uh uh, uh oh, Hello and few jumbled words.
But remember that all babies are unique! Your your bub will develop her sense of 'tongue' in her own time!
Joel is like a parrot at the moment so i have to watch my tongue because he has repeated the S**T word twice now!! Opps!
If you want to teach bub a few more, I found when they are in the bath and Shout out words really loud and in different tones-Then they try to copy! Then once they learn the word-Start refering to what they mean!
In time they will learn! But I find that this game has really helped Joel.smile)

2 more sleeps

Hi all my daughter Jaye is 1 years old and she can say daddy, yeah, mum, ta but she hasnt said grandma or pa, nana and pop but we will get there.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

Sign in to follow this topic