Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

terrible twos Lock Rss

he other day at mums ash was being silly, throwing himself on the floor and having a tantrum, but he was smacking us and hiding. hes been doin that a lot lately and i thought it wa sjust bad hbits fomr day care, but mum says " welcome to the trrible twos!"

so all u girls with bubs who have hit this terrible stage, doe sthis sound right? he runs away form me constantly, if i say no he does it, if i say yes she shakes his head and doesnt wnat it. If i give him milk he wnats cordil, if i give him cordial he wnats milk! he throws his food, he hide sunder his bed and refuses to let me change hius nappy. when its time to get out of the bath he gets to the other side ( we have a corner bath) and keeps moving so i cant grab him. at the hsops yesterday he ran off and wouldnt listen when i said stop! then he did come back smacke dme and ran all the way out of coles, so i grabbed a trolley and locked him in! He just seems so rebellious! is this the terrible twos or him finding independence? how long does it last? mum said just as ash gets over it dylan will start!! i shudder at the thought!

Ashton 13/8/04, dylan 27/8/05, #3 due 22/9/07

welcome to my world!

JZ mum to Bradley 17/08/03 and Heidi 25/02/06

Hi, What you are saying sounds normal to me. That is exactly how it is with my son who is 2 1/2 years old. Going shopping with him is an absolute nightmare, most of the time I need to cut our trip short because he just doesn't want to stay next to me or hold my hand he just wants to run off and do his own thing. Grocery shopping is a bit easier because he's in the trolley so he's contained in there, plus I need to give him some biscuits while I'm shopping at the same time. I've been told they get a bit better as they get older. Fingers crossed!!!!

Mum to Bub

Hey Ash's mum, I thought for a minute you were describing my son Luke (He's 2 on the 13th of May)...

Cheers,
joey.

Sign in to follow this topic