Huggies Forum

Switch to Nappy-Pants

for toilet training!

Learn more

how many poo's?! Rss

My son is thirteen months old and has at least three dirty nappies a day sometimes four. While people assure me it's not a bad thing (they don't have to change all those dirty nappies!) it is certainly more than any of my friends babies. Does anyone else have a child that goes this much or is there something wrong?

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Hi Kelba

My daughter went about that many times a day at about 12 months but now at 16 months shes not to bad. I was told that it could sometimes be the change over to dairy eg cows milk etc that their bodies have to get used to it.

Good Luck & happy changing nappies!

Bec
Hi kelba

My 13 month old has 2 dirty nappies per day and sometimes 3 so I wouldnt worry too much at least you know he isnt constapited.
I thought that many poos in a day was normal anyway.

2 little darlings 29/01/03 + 17/03/05

my daughter is 21 months old and she also has sometimes 3 poo's a day, I think I depends on their own digestive systems and some kids are small as my daughter is and their systems may not be able to hold as much as others, so probably best not to worry unless theey are runny poos all the time.

Mel,QLD, 3yr old Nikita, no. 2 due october

my son usually has 2-3 his oldre brothre sometimes had up to 6 or 7 when i had all3 in nappies one day i changed 7 dirty nappies b4 12 noon

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Usually if a child has a healthy diet with heaps of fruit and veges, dried fruit, they tend to poo more.
You really only have to worry if it is too runny or interupting good sleeping patterns- if a child won't sleep untill they have done a poo. If this is happening then you need to make sure they have all their fruit, dried fruit before 3pm so they don't need to poo at night.
Bec, it turns out that you were exactly right and it took nearly two months for him to settle down but now it is only 1 or 2 times a day, hooray!!

Kelly,QLD, boy 23.01.03 and girl 08.04.05

Sign in to follow this topic