Huggies Forum

bath time! Lock Rss

My DD who is 21months, REFUSSES to have a bath. we have tried getting in there with her, giving her a shower, but in the end we just put up with her screaming the house down. we tried toys and isnt interested. she'll happily go into the bathroom and put things into the bath, and watch her little brother have a bath and think its great, but when its her turn she'll scream. has anyone been through this and if so, what did you do!!

<a href=

hi, i might not be any help cause i can get my son into the bath & shower but at 27mths my son screams and crys like i'm hurting him every time i try to wash him, trys to climb up my body to get out and won't sit down ever. My solution is just do it and get it over with asap, i know water doesn't hurt him, and i know the bath wash i use is the same since birth. I am fortunate though that he at least gets in the shower, i put him in the shower when he needs his hair washed, i lather him up head to toe with the sceaming to boot, then just let him play and it gets rinsed off without him even knowing. I would suggest that if you or your partner can just carry her into the shower and with a non slip mat just hold her and wash her as fast as you can then the other one can dry her off and be all finshed. Its hard i know, but i'm hoping it'll end for me too soon
I went through a similar thing with DD1. Luckily DD2 loves the water and the issue is KEEPING her out.

We found bubble baths helped the best, or you can get tablets called willy's bath tablets and they colour the water. Something else we got was crayola have these crayons for the bath so you can draw on the tiles, it washes straight off with a sponge.

Does she have a general fear of water? Or just the bath?

I went through a similar thing with DD1. Luckily DD2 loves the water and the issue is KEEPING her out.

We found bubble baths helped the best, or you can get tablets called willy's bath tablets and they colour the water. Something else we got was crayola have these crayons for the bath so you can draw on the tiles, it washes straight off with a sponge.

Does she have a general fear of water? Or just the bath?

thats a good question, for me my DS1 loves all water, he just puts it on so to speak when i need to wash him or his hair so it will be interesting to hear what baba-baby has to say. Can i ask though where did you get those crayons for the bath, i've been looking for those for ages and agree that i think it will help with the washing part for my DS1
I've seen bath crayons at K-Mart. For DD1 i make bath paint (flour, water and food dye)into a paste. I give her a small paint brush and i have trouble getting her out of the bath. It washes off easily and doesn't matter if she eats it.Sometimes if i have trouble getting her to sit down or stay in, i bribe with bubbles( blowing). Good luck.

hey everyone thanks for you input. i think she is affraid of getting in the bath cause she loves to play with water. ill definatly look out for the crayons!! we also tried something else last night which seemed to work (we tried the shower thing and it didnt really go over that well) we put our son who is 10months old in the bath first, then we put her in. she was a bit hesistant to sit down but my husband sat her down and after a second of screaming, she enjoyed herself!! she and her brother played for about 20min in the bath, but then she screamed her head off when we took her out (the water was getting cold) so once again, thanks everyone for your help. its always nice to know that your not alone when dealing with things like this and that someone else has "been there, done that" and is willing and able to share the advice.

<a href=

I had a few bath problems a few times which lasted about a week each time, I still made him have a quick one, explaining he needed a wash and just washed him despite the tears, in and out in a minute!! Then I realised I was pulling the plug out when he was still in the bath so maybe this was upsetting him, so I told him, we'd leave the plug in and then take him out first, take his toy's out and he even wanted me to take the bath mat out, then I could let the water go. Then we never had a problem again. Never had a problem with next child either, as I'm in the habit of taking them out first now. But they both prefer showers now, its easier too, as I don't have to sit and watch anymore, give them some toy's and they just shower away.
Sign in to follow this topic