Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Unexplained bleeding at 14 weeks

Unexplained bleeding at 14 weeks Rss

Hi all. I am pregnant with my 3rd child and started bleeding 10 days ago.

I had a scan on Wenesday which showed a very Active baby who is fine bit no explanation for the bleeding. Scan showed more blood but they could not tell me how long I would bleed for.

I am seeing my midwife on Tuesday.

I have had 2 c sections and hoping for a natural.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had unexplained bleeding or bleeding at 14 weeks.

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

Hi, I had bleeding at 12 weeks and then off and on again for the rest of my pregnancy. Like you there was no reason for the loss, however my Dr signed me off work for the rest of my pregnancy just in case, and told me to come in anytime i was worried to chq heartbeat etc.. Good luck All went well (apart from the pre-eclampsia towards the end) and we had a bouncing boy on march 21 2003.

mum of 1

Hi Chrissy

I had bleeding at 8 weeks with my first, it was after sex and scan showed no problems. Went on to deliver fine with no further probs. I then had bleeding at 20 weeks with my second and again went on to deliver with no further bleeding problems. I am now 21 weeks with my third and so far have not had any bleeding, touch wood. My biggest piece of advice would be to rest, rest, rest....if you can....just til it stops ?!
Hope with my heart that all goes well for you....try to keep in mind that you are past that 12 week danger period.

All the best

Carmel,Vic, 2 and counting...

i had bleeding in my 4th month also and the midwife at hosp said it was started froma combination of to much stress and sex. i was put on bed rest for a few weeks and and no sex for a while as the sperm i was too sensative to it.

sunshine, geraldton,serenity born 17/3/04

Hi Chrissy,

I had 3 episodes of bleeding from 11- 17 weeks, each time i had a scan and each time there was no reason for it! I now have a huge 7 month old baby!

Take care, and try not to worry too much,
Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

Thanks for your responce, I'm glad to hear that someone else has has a similar experience.

I have always been told bleeding during pregnancy is a problem.

I have been feeling better since I had the scan knowing the baby is ok, but I just wish I know what caused the bleeding.

Thanks again Chrissy

Hi,

I know everyone else has told promising stories, but please PLEASE next time you go to your Doctor, get them to check your Cervix to make sure it's not on the move.

I had Bleeding at 15 weeks, went to the Hospital and they scanned me and everything was fine, my baby was fine and active. I then bled again at 23 weeks, and made another trip to the Hospital. The Scan revealed no problems, and happy bouncy baby, but when they did an internal my Amniotic Sac was falling out through my Cervix.

Because I was already painlessly (no signs at all) 6cms dilated, there was nothing they could do, and my son was born at 23 weeks, and sadly passed away 7 minutes after birth.

I had an Incompetent Cervix, which they could have stitched closed at 15 weeks after my first bleed if someone had of checked my Cervix, but sadly they did not. I now have a beautiful four month old daughter, who was kept inside by a Cervical Stitch as well, born at 38 weeks gestation.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I would never want anyone to have the same mistakes made as were made for myself, so as well as the scan, get someone to look at your Cervix.. it's painless, and it could make all the difference.

Take care, and I wish you and your bubs a wonderful pregnancy and birth..!

-Emma-

Mum to Belle 10.10.03 & Max (Born & Died) 24.07.02

Thanks Emma, for sharing that with us! I am also sorry about you losing your son!

I think it is important to know all the possibilities!

Congratulations on your daughter,

Tepe

Hi all, thanks for all your comments which have been much appreciated.

Yahoo - I have now stopped bleeding, has been a week so far so I am really happy. Afterabout 5 weeks of bleeding I am so happy. I just hope it does not come back.
My midwife came over on Friday and we heard the heart beat at the baby kicking, which was suck a relief. As I have only had the odd strange sensation no really defined movements yet. and I always worry that something is wrong.
I have an appointment this Thursday for a Scan which I am really looking forward too.
Also my midwife has now ok'd me to start aqua aerobics. So I am really happy.

Thanks again Chrissy and bump 18 weeks

Hi Chrissy,

What great news about a heart beat!! May the next 5 months pass perfectly,

Tepe

hi chrissy

i had unexplained bleeding around 10 weeks, so i can understand how it would scare the hell out of anyone. i had a scan too that showed a healthy active baby and the dr had no idea how or why i could have been bleeding. its strange isnt it. i am now 30 weeks and havent had any problems since.
Hi all, 19 weeks tomorrow and no bleeding - yay-.

Had my 18 week scan on Thursday which only lasted 5 mins (bit peeved about that). Guy said could not see much as baby was laying sideways and said I should come back in a few weeks.

Also could not tell what baby is. Hubby bit peeved as took time of work to come to scan only to spend 15 mins in waiting room and only 5 mins scanning.

Anyway I too am hoping for everything to go well for the enxt 21 weeks.

Sign in to follow this topic