Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. A "Show" - time before true labour

A "Show" - time before true labour Rss

Does anyone have much of an idea how long after having a "show" does labour actually begin. I'm in my 2nd pregnancy & due this Friday 19th Dec. First bub I had a show & then a cesear 3 days later because Ben was breech. What should I expect now - none of the books really give me much of an idea except to say wait!!!!!
Any info???
Tracey

Mum 4 1/2 boy & baby girl 12 months (on Dec 21st)

Tracey,

Not really sure of the answer to your actual question, but I would advise if you have your "show" and are concerned call ahead to your hospital for advice. All I do know for sure is that once your waters break you should get yourself to the hospital. Good luck with the delivery I hope it all goes well for you. Look forward to hearing of the outcome. Rest, rest, rest you are going to need it. smile Michelle
Hi Tracey
Firstly Congrats on your pregnancy, I'm due on the 28th Dec. with my 2nd too. With my 1st I had the "Show" and about 5 hours later I started contractions and went into labour. But when my girlfriend had her "Show", she didn't go into labour until 5 days later, so it's hard to say cause everyones different. Have you spoken to the hospital or your doctor? All I would suggest is to take it easy & try to rest. Let me know how you go.
Take Care
Sam

Sam,Qld,1Boy,2ndDueChristmas

Hi Sam
Went to the ob today & I'm a little further dilated than Tues but not enough to induce yet because of my previous caesar. I've had really severe belly pains since the internal this morning - what fun - but they're not actually contractions. If nothing happens between now & Tuesday he'll induce me Tues morning 23/12. This is a real bugger as I definitely won't be home for Christmas & I really wanted to be for my 3 1/2 year old. But what do you do??? Hopefully everything will happen naturally before then.
I'll let you know
Regards
Tracey

Hi Tracey
I hope you go before Tuesday too, I know how you feel if your going to miss Christmas Day with your 3 1/2 year old as I'm in the same boat with my nearly 3 year old as well. If you don't go naturally by Tuesday, I hope your belly pains have eased up for you. I'm not looking forward to Tuesday for myself as I have to see my op for an internal as well. My pains haven't been severe like yours, mine are more like period pains off and on, & a sharp jabbing pain every now & then on my left side down in my groin. I wish you all the best & hopefully your in hospital now having this baby. Let me know how you get on.
Thinking of you
Sam

Hi Sam
Well yes I did go before Tuesday as the internal the ob did on Friday did the trick. Went into labour Sat and delivered Sunday 21st December at 2.52am. Oh what fun!!!!!

Our baby girl Karina Lee Patricia was born 7lb 15oz (3.6kg) and 50cm long with lots of long dark hair - just like her brother.

She was quite jaundiced by Tuesday so had to go under lights until Wed night (Xmas eve) so we didn't actually get home until Xmas day.

Our little boy survived Xmas Eve & Xmas morning without us as he was with my folks being spoiled out of his mind. We're home now & trying to get some sleep.

Thanks for the encouragement & I hope for your sake everything is all over. The last waiting part is sooooo hard but well worth the wait.

Merry Xmas & have a great New Year
Regards
Tracey

Hi Tracey,
Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! It sounds as though things went reasonably well. Hope you really enjoyed the remainder of your Christmas day with your family. Does this mean that you were able to have a vbac? Did you do much research into it? How are you feeling? I am really hoping for a vbac next time!
anniesmum
Hi Anniesmum
Yes I did have a vbac & all was fine. The pain thing was a different issue altogether but recovery afterwards is heaps heaps better. It apparently all has to to with the reason for your c/s in the first place. My first was breech & therefore the c/s was necessary. If there were complications then a vbac may not be that possible. Luckily mine was fine.
Thanks for the feedback & well wishes
Tracey

Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! A pigeon pair, how clever! I have a 3 year old boy and a 3 month old girl! My sister-in-law had a baby boy on the 19th December, she just made it out in time for Chrisy! Hope all is well with you and your new bub!

Mum(29) - DS 7yr, DD 4yr & DD 2yr

Hi Tracey
Congrats on your precious little girl - Karina Lee Patricia, your very clever to have one of each.
I'm glad to hear she's now doing well.
Would you believe I had another baby boy on Christmas Morning, He too was jaundiced and was under lights for 4 long horrible days, but he's okay now. He was a big baby for me anyway 8lb 13oz (pain). My other little one missed me dreadfully especially Christmas Day, but we made up for it when I got Home.
Well all the best Tracey and enjoy life to the fullest.
Kind regards
Sam

Congrats on your new baby girl and also on achiving a vbac.
I tryed very had with my 2nd to achive a vbac but was it didnt happen. Great to hear you a achived it.
Best Wishes Amy
Well done everyone!

For all those mums still expecting, my midwife told me the show can be as early as three weeks before labour begins. We'd all like to book baby's arrival in our diaries but it doesn't often work that way! My show came three days before I went into labour, I think that is pretty normal. Oh, and I had a girl, Hannah Abigail, on 27 Dec!
Sign in to follow this topic