Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Birth Plan Rss

I am pregnant with my first baby who is due on feb 3rd 2004. I have been advised on having a birth plan. Can anyone recomend where i can get one to fill in or download? Also i have been told perinuem massage helps 1st time mums alot. Is there a certain way to do it and what type of oil do you use???

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Hey congrats.
Iv not long given birth to my first it worried me but towards the end of the pregnancy i welcomed it.
Periniumal massage, get almond oil u can get it form ur local chemist or supermarket and rub it on the outside, insde and around the edge of ur vaginal opening ur meant to do it for 5 mins a dayi did it a few times and didnt end up tearing.
Birthplan wise just basically wirite down what u want, ie what sort of drugs, positions, whether u wanna breastfeed, sorts of nappies thigns u want in the room during labour people u want, what u consent to etc.
and give ur dr/midwife a copy
Bek

Bek (21), Peter (25), Chelsea (3) Luke (1)

Hi Rebecca, Congratulations! Not long to go hey. I have a 10 month old son named Jackson. He was born on the 13 Feb! When I visited the hospital they filled out a birth plan for me there. They asked me if and what drugs I wanted. Any perticular position I wanted to be in. If I wanted to breast feed immediately. Its great, because at the time your in such a state that you will say anything to get rid of the pain. I didnt want an epidural, but at the time I said I wanted one. I dont know if it was because of my birth plan, but It was too late and I already started to push. Thank goodness!

Almond oil is good Ive heard, but I never tried it.
Goodluck!

michelle, mum of jackson 13-02-03

thanks guys thats a great help!! smile

24 year old mum to 2 beautiful girls

Sign in to follow this topic