Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. names? anything different? I don't have a clue.

names? anything different? I don't have a clue. Rss

Hi there i am 24 yrs old and currently 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby who is a boy, i am due 30th of march 04. i also have a 4yr old lil girl named taylah and a 7yr old boy named nathan. I am completly stuck as to what to name this lil one, we would like something different and out of the norm. We both like Dawson but have only had negative comments about naming him this, anyone with suggestions?.. please help. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

I heard the name Felix used the other day?

Rachel, 20mth girl + 1 on the way

Why not Dawson?? Because of Dawsons Creek, the show??

I think if you like it and it suits the baby when he's born, bugger everyone else. Choose a few names you like to work with when Baby is born- to suit.

My Daughters name is Jaymie- mainly a boys name but spelt a bit more feminine (I think).
My sons name is Zachary Anthony, I liked the name Dimitri when I was pregnant with him, but his father hated it.

I wreckon TV shows and movies are good to watch, listen for some names you may like and consider different spellings, the initials the baby will have (if you have initials like DIK for example, you won't have much of a fun childhood).

Another thing- helps if the the name runs well with the rest of his name and last name, say names out loud and altogether, you'll get to know what sounds funny, sounds good or is just plain cruel for the child to go through life with (hahaha).

I love an old fashined name like James (runs in the family both sides) for a middle name.

I made middle names easy for us, my daughter has my middle name and my son has his father's middle name, easier to choose one rather than two middle names.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Here are the names of all my Nephews to maybe help out with boys names:
Alexander Phillip Daniel, Jayden Zachary Micheal, Brenton Christopher James, Bailey Patrick Lea, Joseph Herbert Andrew, Craig Patrick, Kyle Douglas Anthony.

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Thanks for the insight Bugsy smile
Yes the t.v show was the main reason why it had a negative reaction with our friends and what not. My fiance is American and really wants our son to have an American name... to tell you the truth that was practically the only one that i could think of off hand. He liked it and it stuck. But with the reactions of everyone i have had my doubts. I'll keep you up dated as to what we end up naming him.
Thanks again.

Aleks, SA, 5yr old girl, 9yr old boy&bubs 10.4.04

I really liked the name Wyatt - from Charmed? My partner wasn't so keen though!

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

I really like the name Jackson for a boy, or William

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hi,

Don't know if this will help but my husband and I picked names from our family tree dating back to 1800's. We found that every second generation on my husbands side has a boy called William, I am 8 weeks pregnant so if we have a boy his name wil be William. Just something for you to think about. Otherwise some boys names for you to think about are: Harrison, Fletcher, Austin, Hudson, Baldwin, Damon, Baxter, Fergus, Franklin, Kingsley, Marshall, Oliver, Reuben, Rory, Pacey (from Dawsons Creek - had to put it in), Spencer, Walter, Winston... just to name a few. Hope you get some ideas from this smile Michelle. Goodluck, let us know what you pick.
Hi,

About 10 years ago on Neighbours there was a girl called Cody and i have loved it since and now that is what my little girl is called Cody May (she was born in may but it is actually my mothers middle name) and everyone comments on what a lovely name it is even though it is a unisex name. But if i had a boy we were going to call him Bailey.

If Dawson's the name you love dont worry about what other people think your the one (and hubby and bubs of course) has to live with the name everyone else gets use to it in the end...

Robyn
Hi Aleks
I can't see anything wrong with Dawson, it's a nice strong name. Do what my husband and I did and not tell anyone the name until your baby is born and then they can't be so negative.
With my first I really liked the names Jye, Hunter, Harrison, Daven & Boyd. When my son was born we both liked the name Byron, so that's what we named him. Where now in the same situation again with my second baby now due in just under 3 weeks and we have to agree on a Boys name again. Good Luck!!!
I hope these names helped.

Sam,Qld,1Boy,2ndDueChristmas

Hi psychick,
Congratulations on your pregnancy. At the beginning of our pregnancy we discussed names with our friends & had a similar reaction to you. I then decided that I wouldn't discuss it with them because I didn't want to hear their negative comments. Whenever they asked us about names we used to make up some really way-out funny names. Try not to let others put you off your choice. I think Dawson is a great name.
Good luck!
Hi, good luck with choosing a name, i know it can be very hard. Dawson is a nice name, what middle name are you going to put?
It is good to listen to what other people say about the name coz they may point out something about the name you didn't think of ie nick names etc. My advice is to get a baby name book, go through it and write down any names that jump out at you, then sit down with hubby, get him to circle which ones he likes, then work out middle names, by doing the same thing. Can take a while, but worth it in the end, while you are going through the list talk about why you don't like the name or why you do like the name.
Happy hunting, don't worry to much what other people think of the name, THEY will just have to get use to it..... O' i have never known anyone that has stopped talking to someone else coz of a childs name.
All the best, Melissa

WA Sasha 6/1/04

My fave boys names are:

Fletcher (of course!!)
Declan
Spencer
Riley
Flynn

Janelle Vic

Sign in to follow this topic