Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

PRESSURE Rss

My name is Kylie I am due with my second child in Feb. Lately I have been feeling pressure down there every time I stand up and go to the toilet has any one else had this? I did not have this with my first one. Also i can not get comfortable at all. Please is anyone having the same problems!!!!!!!!!!

KYLIE,VIC,DUE 14/2/04

Hi Kylie,

I am pregnant for the first time and i am in my 19th week and am due the end of April, I have the same feeling of pressure when I stand up or walk around as well. Every time I stand up I have to hold my lower tummy, I must look silly when in public because I am only just starting to show now. My midwife says it is normal to feel this way. Any way good luck. Nadene
Hi Kylie,
Like you I am due in Feb. I haven't had this pressure that you are talking about, however it may be the baby pressing on your pubic bone. Check out Shanti Yoga for some great stretches to help with the pain.

All the best
Leanne
Hi Kylie
My 2nd is due in 3 weeks & yes I can totally relate to your problems with pressure & general aching in my lower belly. It's so uncomfortable!! I din't experience this with my 1st as he was breech & everything felt much higher in my tummy. Apparently it's all quite normal, so my Obstetrician says - I seriously hope the baby comes sooner rather than later as it's driving me nuts.

I'll let you know how I go!! Due 19th Dec

Regards
Tracey

Mum 4 1/2 boy & baby girl 12 months (on Dec 21st)

Hi Kylie,
I experienced the same feeling as you in the middle of my pregnancy. It felt to me as though the baby was pressing on my cervix and at times I had to stop walking to allow the feeling to settle. I remember also asking my husband to pull the car over to the side of the road because the pressure was so uncomfortable. My girlfriend had the same problem & was told by her midwife that the baby was practicing engaging its head. The feeling did disappear in the last couple of months for me, but my baby never fully engaged as she had a large head & was delivered via caesarian.
Good Luck!
Towards the end of both my pregnancies I had the very same pressure- I was told it was the baby in perfect position ready for the trip out of town (if you know what I mean) and can be moving around inside but stay in this position ready for birth for up to 4 months before delivery. This may be all the pressure is. And yes it could just be baby pushing on your pubic bone.

Find out from your nurse or doctor if you are worried, don't be ashamed to ask if it is your first baby then ask if you are unsure OF ANYTHING.

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Hi Kylie

I can totally relate to what you are saying - I'm due at the beginning of January with my first and I feel the same pressure you're talking about everytime I get up from either sitting or lying down. And it's worse when I need to go to the loo. I guess it's just part of pregnancy and the position of the baby. I don't have any suggestions on how to relieve the pressure except that I have been told that if it's too bad there is a belt you can wear to help ease some of the pressure. Check with your LMC - I'm sure they will be able to help.

Debs, NZ, Mum to Rory born 19/01/04

Hi,
I'm 38 weeks pregnant and i have started to notice that i have been feeeling like there is a lot of pressure on my pelvic bone as well. I can't sleep anymore because as soon as i lay down, my hips hurt like crazy! Does anyone know of any positions that i should be trying to sleep in, because lying on my side is not working anymore!
Hopefully for me it means that the babies head has engaged but i can't be sure!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Hi Leanne,
I am actually due in three days. I have had pressure and a sore groin area for most of my pregnancy (I'm not that big a person? if that has anything to do with it). I have had sore hips and they have been "clicking" when I change positions I'm lying in, when in bed. I was told it was due to the pelvic area "softening up". I found I couldn't lie on my back- that stopped blood circulation, and numbed my legs. So I found plenty of pillows between my legs, and behind my back, for support really helped, when sleeping on my side. I wear no clothing to bed either, as this is too constricting. I was told that some women sleep in recliner chairs?!
At the moment my baby is so big and sitting so low, I make constant toilet trips too (every two hours, when in bed "trying" to sleep). I think it is natures way of getting us "Ready" smile
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Rach/mum of Nick

Hey Rach,
I also had a lot of Ligament pain during my pregnany, and ended up in the hospital a few times as i thought it was contractions!
The doctors told me the same thing they told you, that it was the pelvic area softening up although i hadn't heard of anyone else complaining of the same thing untill now! I'm also a pretty tiny person normally, so my mum thought it could have been due to that.
I'd love to hear how you go with the birth, if you want you can e-mail me @ leanne_williams_1983@hotmail.com, i also have msn if you'd like to chat!

Mummy to Talana Michelle Kimberley (13/12/2003)

Sign in to follow this topic