Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

PUPPS Rss

Has anyone else suffered from PUPPS when they were pregnant? I had it in the last few weeks of my pregnancy - it was sooooooooooo uncomfortable!

Marti, NSW, Baby Boy born on 17th July 2003

I have to ask what is Pupps?

KYLIE,VIC,DUE 14/2/04

Its like a rash, apparently you only get it with your first pregnancy. It started on my stomach, and everyone told me that it was just stretch marks coming in. It then spread to my arms and thighs. It was soooooooooo ITCHY!! My partner used to wake me up in the middle of the night to tell me to stop scratching - it used to wake him up!

Hi, I had what you are talking about though I didn't know it had a name!!

I was really itcy on my tummy, legs and thighs. I would wake in the middle of the night and scratch at my skin really roughly cause it was sooooo itchy!! I would end up with a really red tummy. I remember scratching and the relief it brang was like having an orgasm!!! It was that bad!

I tried everything for it and nothing worked, I ended up washing myself in the shower with sorbeline soap opposed to normal soap and that brang some relief.

Mel
If it is a rash... a great relief for any rash is teatree oil, rub it in and wait for the relief to follow, it only takes a few minutes, not even that.

I had bad shaeffing between my thighs when I was pregnant and afterward too... this was great- I use a teatree gel for my childrens rashes, scratches and sores and nappy rash... works bloody miracles.

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

I was actually prescribed a steriod cream after I was finally told what the rash was! Plenty of Drs saw it, and just commented about my "nasty" rash, or told me that it was just stretchmarks coming in!

Ahhh!

I think this must be what I am have.

My belly had been itching for a week. Yesterday it came up as a rash on my stomach and it is spreading and getting itchier ...

The worst thing is I don't know what I can and can't use for it so I have made an appt with my GP on Thursday. 3 more days of suffering B4 then though sad

Ryan (2) & Jayden (18mths)

Oh no Jo,I know how you feel its awful.I swear scratching was the best feeling in the world.When are you due?

Hi Marti,
I agree, scratching feels soooo good but I know this will only make my skin raw so I am trying so hard to refrain.

I have 8 weeks to go ... please tell me the rash doesn't stay around till I give birth? Do you have any idea of what causes it? I am such a whinger but I am so miserable and uncomfortable and I'm not sleeping cause of it sad Not even chicken pox itched this much.

I am sad to say that mine was there until about 5 days after the birth,but no-one knew what mine was,until a Dr told me in labour.You should go see your Dr,they prescribed a steriod cream for me,which cleared it all up within a few days.I am not sure what causes it,but it apparently happens most commonly in first pregnancies.

I understand your whingeing,I complained and complained,and no-one listened.They didnt understand how bad it truly was,until while laying in the bath during labour,the rash raised up,it looked like welts on my skin.It had travelled from just being on my stomach,to my upper arms,thighs,back - everywhere.

Go see your Dr,and get them to stop this for you now.

Hi Marti

Thanks for the advice. I went to the Dr yesterday actually and she confirmed PUPPs. She had never seen it in the flesh actually and had all the other Drs coming in to look at me.

I was told the only way to get rid of it is to give birth. They don't really know the cause but they think it is something to do with me being allergic to the placenta. Thankfully it causes no harm or distress to the baby.

I went back to work while the Dr was finding out the right cream to prescribe and ended up in tears at work (thanking my hormones for that one smile. The itching wouldn't stop, I couldn't concentrate and made the fatal mistake of itching it. Luckily my boss is understanding and he sent me home. I got the cortisone cream the Dr prescribed and the relief was the best I'd had in days. Also was able to have the best sleep last night then I'd had in days. The cream doesn't 100% take the constant itching feeling away but thankfully it is making it more bearable.

Now I know what it is I feel a bit better. I thought it was all in my head. I could only imagine how frustrating it was for you to keep going from Dr to Dr with no help!

Thanks once again for the advice
Jo

No problems at all.YOu can also type in PUPPPS into a search engine,and you will get heaps of information.It actually even has those 3 P's.I heard that some people even have to be induced because of it?I am so glad you got that cream - relief!!

Sign in to follow this topic