Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Young mum to be,(26weeks pregnant)

Young mum to be,(26weeks pregnant) Rss

First baby and really excited!! Really scared about the big day so i am open to all advise and birth stories!

Naomi,QLD,26weeks

Congratulations. The unknown is always frightening but my theory through out my first pregnancy was not to let the fear consume me. There was no turning back and the day of the birth was out of my control.. I was fortunate not to have a bad labor but nonetheless it was an experience. The pain is forgotten once you hold the baby in your arms..& the way I figure, if labor was truly horrific, why do women keep going back for 3rds, 4ths, 5ths etc...
Enjoy the pregnancy. Everyone has a story and you will soon have your own story.
hi i am 19 almost 20 and i have a 6 and 1/2 mth old daughter how old are you? all i can say is go with the flow but it is definately all worth it in the end when you are finally holding your baby anyway goodluck and let me know how things go seeya nat
Hi, thank you for your message iam 18 almost 19 i found out that i'll be having a girl too!! im really excited. At the begining of my pregnancy i felt asshamed because i am young and found it hard to tell people as i was affraid of there reaction. But now i am proud and could'nt be any happier that i am having this baby. I couldnt care less what people think now. Thank you again for your advise hope to hear from you soon

Naomi,QLD,26weeks

hi again well i was also 18 when i fell pregnant and i felt scared of telling people that i was having a baby because i was scared of how they would react but then you just forget about other people and think about yourself it dosent matter what other ppl say it is up to you what you do with your life.
so what date are you due? well anyway if you wanna chat my e-mail is twinkletoes0212@yahoo.com.au
anyway better go seeya.
hi my name is karen im 19 yrs old im 20 in janury im haveing my 1st baby and im also having a girl im due 24\12\03 im 35wks i have 4 weeks to go on monday the 24\11\03 im starting to get scared but i just wish it would hurry up i wanna see wat my baby looks like... are u still with the father??? im not my bf left me he didnt want nuffin to do with the baby or me he has changed heaps since i have been pregnant its wired... coz now im ganna have to do it all on my own but i have help from freinds and family but its not the same i would like it if he could get to no his daughter and see her grow up but i cant force him so i guess im ganna have to see what happens... well im sorry if im boring u but i dont really have ne one to talk to around my age that are pregnant to... plz write back my email is
kaz_016@hotmail.com if u wanna chat more

karen

Hi Nay,

I am also a young mum to be (28 weeks) good luck with everything I have found that if you just listen to the advice you want to hear you'll be fine. For some reason some women like to scare others with their horrific birth stories. Remember everyone is different and your pregnancy and birth will be totally unique. Take care!
Leanne
Hello,

I had my first child at 17 and i to was really scared..i was told so many horror stories of giving birth But when the time came it was the BEST experience that i have ever had..as soon as you hold your baby in your arms you forget the pain instantly! Im now 20 and Pregnant with my second baby( another boy) Due christmas day and i am SO looking forward to holding my baby in my arms! Being a Woman an able to have baby is the beat thing ever! I feel so sorry for those woman out there that can not experience that
Ditto to the post above me. It is almost painfree as soon as baby is in your arms.. all the anxiety, fright and pain just drift away as you see baby for the first time.. you don't know if you want to laugh or cry or mug the poor baby.

I had returned to year 11 and 12 at the age of 18 and 19 and fell pregnant the end of year 11. I kept going all through my pregnancy with the support of all my teachers and principal and still got great marks (much to my surprise). I returned after the birth of my son (with a proud Nanna babysitting) to graduate.

without this support I probably still would have done the same thing, so now I can be proud to tell my children when they're older the same thing, let nothing stop or slow you down... I was extatic to find out I was pregnant but thought I couldn't do both until I tried.

I am proud of my achievements all three of them.

You go girls...don't listen to others... believe in yourself and all your ability

Susan, QLD, mo2 = B3y4m & G18m

Hey,

I am a mum to a 4 month old baby boy.

My advice is listen, but don't take it to heart. There are women out there who have horror stories, just remember your labour and birth is totally different to all other woman. Take it as it comes and make a decision on what to do from that. I luckily didn't have anything, but like I said everyone is different. I will say though keep your energy levels up, drink lots of fizzy drink like lemonade etc, that's one thing I didn't do as I was too focused on the contractions but I wish I lisented cause I was totally exhausted after giving birth!!

Good luck I am sure you will look back at the whole experience and want to do it again!!!

Sign in to follow this topic