Huggies Forum

Teenage Mum To Be Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if any one has any tips about pregnacy and mother-hood. I'm 19 and I am terrified about being a Mum. Im guessing that the feeling doesnt change no matter what age you have you first baby. I'm just scared because I'll be doing this on my own, so if anyone can help me dont be shy, I could use the advise

Tania,VIC,Pregnate

theres no secret that motherhood is hard, especially being so young and on your own, but relax is the best advice i can give you, dont worry it will all come to you (natural instincts) and if you have family or close friends by that can help. even better. Once your baby is born join a playgroup or a parent support group, it will make you feel better and you will learn alot from it and make new friends. I know that there are teenage support groups for younger parents, try checking that out, your midwife will be able to give you some details on that. remember to just relax, dont worry about the birth, midwives are great and help you through. Good Luck. Ren : )

Ren, Qld, 2yr boy

hey tania

im also 19 and pregnant with my 1st. although i am not doing it alone im still a little nervous!! and i rekon ur right i guess every one is scared or nervous the 1st time.
when are u due??? im due very early july. do u have supportive friends or family??? also ask at your midwife clinic if there is a "new mums group" or some support group for ppl in the same situation, as there might be!!
and u can always talk to me!!
but the main thing is to relax and enjoy your pregnancy!!!
luv jodi

hay how u going i was pregant at 16 all though i had alot of suport at the same time knowing other mums does help alot just to ask questions to just general chit chat bout ya bubs. I was in denial when my waters broke lol but i was scared to but befor u no it your holding ya bubs. Mother hood is hard but aslong as u give your baby all the love and care that u can there should no problem and know at the end of the day that your doing the best for your bubs when u have he or she. Hope it helps.

natasha, S.A, nearly 3 year old boy

Thank you very much for your reply... It was really helpful, I just hope that I actualy can relax, Because I have been trying and Im not really getting anywhere. And Im just hoping that the friends and family do come around and help but that we will have to wait and see about

Thank You again for your advice

Tania,VIC,Pregnate

Thank you for your reply,

Im due mid August and as for the supportive friends and family...they are few and far between, the fathers Mum has been good but its kinda hard to go and see her and him be around, do you know what I mean. My friends have been really good but they arent the support of my family.

Congratulations on your first baby, How has your pregnancy been??

Thanks again

Tania,VIC,Pregnate

Hi, Thanks for your reply,

I have looked for parenting classes to join, and went to a few and there where all these couples there and I didnt go back. I know its going to be hard but Im ready for it, im terrified but Im ready... women have babies on there own all the time, So i can do it... right??!!

Thanks again for you reply

Tania,VIC,Pregnate

hi im rachael i live in new zealand im 18 and pregnant with my second i had my first little man when i was 16 ( pregnant at 15) it is hard it will be harder doing it on your own but you just do it no matter how tired you are no matter what your day has involved both you and the baby have to get use to each other in the first few weeks soon enough though everything will settle down and you will both be fine but if you want to chat more my msn email is [email protected]

rachael/dominic

Hi Tania
I am due in march i just turned 20 and i am single having my first and scared i think its normal well every1 keeps tellin me ill be fine but we all know it goes in one ear and out the other. But we just say thanks. The father of my baby lives 5hours away from me but he calls once a week to see how i am he hasnt bought anything but he is going to be at the hospital but not in labour with me which i am glad he wont be because ill probably punch him out.
If you want to email me or chat my email address is [email protected]
ok hope to talk soon take care

Tarsha,20,NSW,Madison born 22/03/05

Hi Tania
I am due in march i just turned 20 and i am single having my first and so scared i think its normal well every1 keeps tellin me ill be fine but we all know it goes in one ear and out the other. But we just say thanks. The father of my baby lives 5hours away from me but he calls once a week to see how i am he hasnt bought anything but he is going to be at the hospital but not in labour with me which i am glad he wont be because ill probably punch him out.
If you want to email me or chat my email address is [email protected]
ok hope to talk soon take care

Tarsha,20,NSW,Madison born 22/03/05

Hey,

I'm 22 and due with my 2nd baby and day now. I had my first when I was 16. I've left it a long time before having my next one, but its good as my eldest has just started year 1. He is almost 6 and while he is at school everyday, will be my 'baby' time. This way he wont feel left out or neglected.

I know I definatly wouldn't have survived without the help of my mum. I dropped out of high school to have him and things were a real mess. I still lived at home and lost touch with alot of my friends.

Thankfully my relationship with the father didn't last long. I am now with another man and happily settled down.

The best advise I can give you is to read lots of books. You will get advise from people as you go -some not so good advise, but remember, this is your baby and you will be the one who knows whats best. I'm being bias here, but I encourage you to breast-feed. IT really is the best thing for your baby..

Laneisa, QLD, 5 kids + baby Flynn 24/02/05

The hardest thing is when the baby is born! There will be times when you've just had enough and just want to scream. Are you living with parents or friends? You need a really understanding support person to be around you for the first few weeks, otherwise you'll be a wreck! i was 23 when Jai was born, and we were living with my parents because we were building a house. But times when Jai was crying and crying and i didn't know what was wrong mum or dad would come to the rescue and take Jai off my hands and get some wind out of him or cuddle him and keep him quiet for a while. it was fantastic! I would of had a break down if it wasn't for them.

So where abouts do you live? I live in Berwick and will here for you if you want to talk. Which hospital are you going to have your baby in? I went to Dandenong and were very happy with the staff, only the food looked like it came out of a dog food can! but were happy anyway. Do you know what sex your baby is? any names picked? Jai was born August 17th what date is your baby due? So many questions!

Di, vic, Jai born 17/8/04

Sign in to follow this topic