Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

No heart beat Lock Rss

hi everyone,
my sister is 10 weeks pregnant ,last week she had her ultra sound and there was no heart beat .

what could this mean?

Her doctor is saying she thinks it's a miscarriage and that she should go to the hospital and take it out ,she isn't being supportive.

My sister wants to see a good doctor in Sydney ,Liverpool ,Campbeltown area .if any of you know a good doctor around those area please let us know.
Hi cheerful, I'm sorry to hear about your sister.

If the sonogropher couldn't find the heartbeat on the ultrasound it usually isn't good news unfortunately(it's usually called a missed miscarriage). Did she get referred to see a doctor with her results?
If she can get a referral from her gp for the feto-maternal unit at Liverpool hospital (they handle high risk cases), from my experience they are awesome and very thorough. I was referred to them after my 20w u/s when we found out our son's diagnosis (he was still born at 22+3w) and again for all u/s with my now 16w old dd.
I've also had all 4 of my babies at campbelltown and can't fault my prenatal or postnatal care either.
If I can be of any other help, feel free to pm me
What would the feto-maternal unit do?would they do some scans to be 100%sure?
Do they have good scanning machines?

I was thinking maybe my sister ovulated later and so she might be 7or 8weeks now.
Yeh they would be able to give her another scan on their machines.

Has she spoken to a doctor about her scan results?
Unfortunately this probably is not good news. The ultrasounds are fairly reliable. By all means, she should seek another opinion. This happened to me with my first pregnancy, and it a terrible way to find out as you have had no signs or symptoms that anything could/is wrong. And you feel so ripped off with being to close to the magic 12 weeks (I was 11 weeks). So she should seek another opinion. I waited another week after finding out to see if my body would naturally miscarry, and when it didn't i had the operation. Good luck to your sister.
Annie81 wrote:
Yeh they would be able to give her another scan on their machines.

Has she spoken to a doctor about her scan results?

It's been a year that she moved to ingleburn,so she still hasn't found a experienced doctor over there .
She is currently seeing a doctor who asked her to do the ultra sound. She said its seem to be a miscarriage and that she should go to the Liverpool hospital to take it out by surgery, my sister wanted to know from her if she had any other options .......... But that doctor didn't want to talk about any of that.....

The sonoghapher Said the size is excally fine but she couldn't find any heart beat,

My sister is really confused and doesn't know what to do .

Do you or anyone know any experience female doctors that she could see to get another opinion ,it could be anywhere in Sydney ?she is even ready to see a private doctor.
lakedos wrote:
Unfortunately this probably is not good news. The ultrasounds are fairly reliable. By all means, she should seek another opinion. This happened to me with my first pregnancy, and it a terrible way to find out as you have had no signs or symptoms that anything could/is wrong. And you feel so ripped off with being to close to the magic 12 weeks (I was 11 weeks). So she should seek another opinion. I waited another week after finding out to see if my body would naturally miscarry, and when it didn't i had the operation. Good luck to your sister.

I am really sorry to hear about your miscarriage and hope you have a baby very soon.

Did u get a another opinion for that pregnancy ?

Do you or anyone know any experience female doctors that she could see to get another opinion ,it could be anywhere in Sydney ?she is even ready to see a private doctor.
All is good cheerful. I gave myself a couple of months to recover both physically and emotionally and I now have a beautiful 13 week old son.

I didn't go and get another opinion as I was at my obstetricians and he had good equipment etc. if it had of just been with my doctor than I would have gone to an OB.

Unfortunately I don't know about any female OBs, although I'm sure they're out there.

All the best.
If she's in ingleburn she can contact either Liverpool or campbelltown hospital. Get her to ring the ante-natal clinic or the maternity ward to speak to a midwife. She can explain her situation and ask them if she can come in to have a scan.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the campbelltown area doctors as I live outside of that area. But her best bet is to contact either hospital!
Sign in to follow this topic