Huggies Forum

Twins Lock Rss

Hi all, i was wanting to know if there are any mothers out there that are expecting or have had twins?? my question is what sort of symptons did you get before you found out you were prenant to twins?? my other is a twin and there could be a good chance i could be pregnant to twins. I am wanting to know what symptons did you get, were they any different then having a single baby?? thanks amanda

Hi all, i was wanting to know if there are any mothers out there that are expecting or have had twins?? my question is what sort of symptons did you get before you found out you were prenant to twins?? my other is a twin and there could be a good chance i could be pregnant to twins. I am wanting to know what symptons did you get, were they any different then having a single baby?? thanks amanda

I have 10 mth old fraternal twins. I was soooooooo sick. Just vomitted and vomitted :0( Iwas actually bigger with my 3 yr old than I was with the twin preg. I also experienced really bad leg pain and tiredness.
Good luck.
Hi,

I have a 5 year old girl and 2 year old boy identical twins. Sorry was not sick with either and had no idea that I was pregnant with twins. It was all very much the same. I was a huge suprise as we have no history of twins.

Sorry no help.

Good luck.

Hi there, Ive got 10 week old fraternal girls, I had really low HCG levels , so much that they thought i either was miscarriaging or had an ectopic.. and also alot of spotting and at about week 7 huge blood clot losses. I was sick for 3 weeks total with this twin preg and was sick for nearly 14 weeks with my singleton little boy. I was extra hungry and tired up until about 16 weeks. Tummy really didnt start getting noticeable until about 12-14 weeks .. everyone is different tho smile

I have 4 sets of twins in my family, we had a 'dating' scan at 7 weeks and they confirmed only 1 baby (phew). Fraternal twins are only more likely if there is a family history on the mothers side, and/or if the mother is older (chances start to get higher from age 30 and get higher each year after). Identical twins are just a chance occurance, so it's just something that could happen to anyone at anytime. If it's a concern, just get an early scan like we did smile

hey there,
We just found out we're expecting again (7 weeks), after having 2 kids (11 months appart).
We have a history of twins in our family, My dad is a twin (fraternal) and his twin had twins (fraternal) and my Mums brother had twins and my DH's Dad is a twin.
We're yet to have our scan but am a little nervous about it (you can imagine, if its twins, ill have 4 kids under 4 ;/ as my eldest is 3 in June)
This pregnancy even though im not far along has been a little different, i have the horrible metalic taste in my mouth (any tips on getting rid of it??) by breasts are alot more sore and i have massive lower back pain. Ill let you know how we go with our scan when we have it (havent booked in yet...)
Good luck with your pregnancy smile

<a href=

Hi

Im 34 weeks pregnant with twin girls. I had no sickness what so ever, got big quite quickly though. Found out at the scan it was twins, just assumed it was a normal singleton till then. My mum had twins which she sadly lost in the 60's, so the skip a generation thing is not true either!
I have id girls now 15 mths but i kind of just knew i was having twins.
No morning sickness, very very sore boobs that practically doubled overnight and quite hungry but i agree with Topaz611 if you are worried about it ask for an earlier scan.
Good luck
Hi, I was surprised to discover I was pregnant for the second time, and had an early scan as I had no dates. With my first baby, we had been "trying" to fall pregnant and I had dates and knew exactly what was going on, this time while we weren't preventing anything I didn't really expect to fall pregnant as I hadn't had a period since before we conceived our son. Then on top of that, our scan at 7 weeks and 4 days revealed identical twins! I have found I have more nausea/less inclination to eat this time around, but have really struggled with dizziness so far. We're now 10 weeks 3 days, and looking forward to the next scan but all seems fine otherwise. If you're worried, I agree with the others, ask for an early scan, if you've had other babies then you might be able to make a booking before getting a referral from your GP or obstetrician (you'll still need one) if you still have the number. Always better to be sure than worried! We're very excited about our twins, and a little nervous about having three kids under 16 months (!) as our son is not quite 9 months old. All the best with your pregnancy, singleton or twins they're all a different journey.

jojo

Other than the fact I got bigger quicker (which I had just put down to having my third) my twin pregnancy was not at all different from my two singletons. We had virtually no history of twins in our family grin

lisa mum to calin 7 and zoe 12 months

Hi

My husband has Non-Identical twins in his family and i have Identical twins in mine.

When we found out i was pregnant, we wernt all that excited because the timing wasnt all that good (financially), also we had 2 other children.
so i was looking into abortion which i wasnt all that comfortable with either but i didnt know what to do.....
At 8 weeks i went for a scan and then we saw not 1 but 2 hearts beating.... our hearts just melted and my husband and i cried bacause of what we were thinking of doing.
We didnt go through with the termination because we didnt want to miss the opportunity of carrying twins and being the 1st in our generation in both families.

The only difference i found during my pregnancies is with the twin pregnancy i had a habbit of smelling mothball and chewing chewing gum. and that was throughout. But in saying that my Boys are healthy and theres nothing wrong with them.
Im 10 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins. smile loving it so far been a bit sick but nothing tooo major! was way more sick with my Daughter! am getting big fastttt!! haha.
Sign in to follow this topic