Huggies Forum

pregnant after miscarriage Lock Rss

Hi,

I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and struggling with this pregnancy. I m/c last year at 10 weeks 6 days and it was one of the most awful things I have ever had to go through. I had to go to the hospital twice as i was bleeding quite heavy (sorry TMI) and then had a D&C.

The problem is now I am so worried that something could go wrong again that I am a complete nervous wreck. I obsess about this constantly and have had extra ultrasounds to help ease my mind. These help at the time but a couple of days later I go back to worrying constantly. I even avoid going out too often in fear that it will happen while i'm out. It is ruining my life and the chance to enjoy this pregnancy.

I have already seen a psychiatrist who is referring me onto a psychologist to try and help me through this anxiety. I can't talk to my partner about it because he is sick of hearing me panic at the slightest pain or symptom. So i feel as though i have nobody to pour my soul out to.

My question is has anybody else been through this and what or how did you try to overcome these negative thoughts.

Thanks so much..
Hi, I miscarried an early pregnancy and then fell pregnant again very soon after with my first child. The only advice I can offer is that the miscarriage was probably due to a medical deforimity of the feotus and that it is the bodys way of terminating the pregnancy. If you are pregnant again and you have passed the previous gestation lenght then this pregnancy is completely differnt to the other one. Stay in the moment and accept the last one failed but that has no reflection on your current pregnancy.
Hi, I lost my third pregnancy at 16 weeks but bubs had died at 12 weeks. I worried really bad about getting pregnant again but you have to take one day at a time, the further into the pregnancy you get the easier, especially whne you start to feel bubs move around is very reassuring. I got pregnant again about a year after i miscarried and struggled for the first probably 20 weeks or so but it got eesier when bubs was moving and i could feel her and know it was ok. She is now 2 and a half and i had no problems with the pregnancy. I am now 33 weeks preg again and even this time i worried really bad but all is going well and bubs is very active which is very reassuring. Just try to take it one day at a time.
hi,

firstly, im really sorry for your loss. i cant begin to imagine how painful that must have been.

have you felt any movement yet?

despite having a low risk, healthy pregnancy so far (im 18 weeks) i spent the last month or so having paranoid thoughts every now and again that my pregnancy had "disappeared" or that i had miscarried without realising simply because all my symptoms disappeared.

Just three days ago I started feeling regular movements and now my mind has been completely put at ease. I look pregnant, i can feel the baby moving a few times a day, and assuming all is well at my scan coming up next week, i will spend the rest of the pregnancy relaxed and happy unless something gives me a clear indication to do otherwise.

i know its hard to relax, and its great that you are seeing a professional and that you've had some extra scans to put your mind at ease. But you are out of the "danger" zone now and you will very soon start to be having full blown pregnancy symptoms that will assure you that your baby is alive and kicking. (literally!)
Good luck smile
Hi

I am very interested in following this thread as this is something that is on my mind. I m/c my 2nd only a week and a half ago and have since been thinking about how I will cope being pregnant again. So much so that it is affecting my sleeping and concentration at work - although the Dr did say this could be my body mourning the loss of the baby too. I had no problems what so ever with my first pregnancy it was a dream run and I guess I got lulled into believing that is how they would all be. I was devastated when I lost this bub even though it was only just short of six weeks and now all I can think about is will this feeling ever go away and how many more times is it going to happen. Like you I don't want to spend all of my pregnancies freaking out each day wondering if today is going to be the day my baby is taken from us again......

Hi

I am very interested in following this thread as this is something that is on my mind. I m/c my 2nd only a week and a half ago and have since been thinking about how I will cope being pregnant again. So much so that it is affecting my sleeping and concentration at work - although the Dr did say this could be my body mourning the loss of the baby too. I had no problems what so ever with my first pregnancy it was a dream run and I guess I got lulled into believing that is how they would all be. I was devastated when I lost this bub even though it was only just short of six weeks and now all I can think about is will this feeling ever go away and how many more times is it going to happen. Like you I don't want to spend all of my pregnancies freaking out each day wondering if today is going to be the day my baby is taken from us again......

I had a perfect pregnancy with DD who is 3, but I had 2 m/c last year (one in July, one in Dec), they were both shy of 5 weeks so early, but with this pregnancy (waited 1 cycle, fell strait away after 2nd m/c) i am not at ease quite yet. As the weeks go on i feel a bit better as i am past the point of m/c for both but i have a scan on tuesday and if all is well with that then i think i will be able to relax after that! HTH just a little bit =)
Hi Ladies.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement. I ended up in hospital yesterday on a drip(i have had really bad morning sickness) and they used the doppler to get the heartbeat. I heard it and felt better but today I have felt some movement so that gives me some reassurance.. I am looking forward to seeing the psychologist so i can get some help. In the mean time I am still nervous and worried but hope that everyday that passes I will feel that little bit better..

Hi Ladies.

Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement. I ended up in hospital yesterday on a drip(i have had really bad morning sickness) and they used the doppler to get the heartbeat. I heard it and felt better but today I have felt some movement so that gives me some reassurance.. I am looking forward to seeing the psychologist so i can get some help. In the mean time I am still nervous and worried but hope that everyday that passes I will feel that little bit better..

look at the positive, you were admitted into hospy with bad morning sickness which means hormones are really high which is a great sign!!

I struggled big time when i found out i was pregnant again (this pregnancy was right after the miscarriage so i didnt get my period prior!)

Your past the unsafest part so im sure it will go well from here on out! If your worried you could always invest in a doppler from ebay so you can hear the babies heartbeat at home

Hey there,
I had a MC last july. i was 14 weeks pregnant but after a traumatic MC found out i actually MC at 10 weeks.
Im pregnant again, only just turned 7 weeks and i have my moments when i wonder if this one will make it.
There must have been somthing wrong in my last pregnancy for my body to MC, but i think ill be at ease when im holding my little bubba.
I hope this pregnancy goes well for you, and i pray for a safe and healthy baby at the end of it all.
xx

<a href=

I am sorry to hear of all your losses ladies

Here's my experience.

We had been TTC for 3 years & had given up hope of ever having another child. there was no medical explanation for us not concieving - medical intervention didnt even help

Very unexpectedly we found ourselves preg - we were so astounded, shocked, excited all the rest of the emotions - of course we shouted it from the treetops - we wanted everyone to know! We found out at about 8/9 weeks.

Booked in for my '12' week scan, which inadvertantly i didnt get done until i was 14 weeks - too busy, no appointments that were convenient for DH to come with me etc etc.
Devastation followed when the scan revealed that the baby was no longer viable. It had died at about 13weeks.

I am sure i dont need to explain to any of you how the next days, weeks & months went.

10 months later we found ourselves pregnant again - we werent even trying - argh.

all i could think was that this preg would end the same as the previous. it consumed me. My Dr sent me for fortnightly scans. I could never look into the future, i lived ultrasound to ultrasound & that was that. When i got to 12 weeks, i was so anxious that i was making myself sick. then i got to 14 weeks & all i wanted was to make it to 16 weeks, then 20 weeks. I dont think that i actually started to relax & bond with the baby until i was around 26-28 weeks. I just didnt want to open myself up for the kind of pain that i was going to be in for if the worst happened.

Eventually i got to 38 weeks & i was so happy - knowing that i would soon be meeitng my precious baby - who decided to wait until 41 weeks to make her entry to the world.

Whatever you are feeling i think is completely normal - it may not seem like it to someone who hasnt suffered the devastating loss - hopefully it will pass for you & you can enjoy your journey.

GL with the rest of your pregnancy.
Hi

I know exactly how you feel, I'm currently 17wks pregnant and I miscarried last year as well. It was a complete and massive shock to me as I have had 3 previous pregnancies with no problems at all.

I try not think negatively as I don't want to stress myself out or bubs, I accepted that something wasn't right with the last pregancy and moved on(slowly). In my room I have a little box with memories of my baby and teddy which I keep in sight as a reminder. I don't feel that I can put them away, this has helped me alot.
I've had re-assuring ultrasounds with this pregnancy as well which helped me process not to panic. I'm now starting to feel at ease and enjoying my pregnancy instead of worrying. I think if I worry/stress to much what will that do to the baby?

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and try to think positive
I am really sorry to hear so many of you have been through the pain..

I too am in the same boat. I had silent mc last year, thought i was 10 weeks, had some spotting, had an ultrasound to check if all was ok and found out the baby died at 7.4 weeks.

I had a d&c in early december, we were advised by our Ob to wait a full cycle and then we could try again. I fell pregnant again in February this year. I am now 11 weeks and 1 day and have had an ultrasound with my ob every week. Around the 7 week mark i started spotting again and convinced myself it was all over, i spent the morning looking for symptoms that may have disappeared whilst crying and crying. My DH wasnt so convinced, we waited at the OB office and she did an ultrasound and found all ok, she then sent me on to the ultrasound centre for a better scan, all perfect, including a strong little heartbeat and no cause for the spotting. The spotting stopped within a day or so.

Right now I am finally starting to feel abit excited, as up until now it has been hard to let my guard down. But there isnt a day where i am not worried at some point. For a long part of the last 7 weeks, I have been completly obsessed and a nervous wreck, constantly making sure my symptoms were still around etc.

I think like someone else said, we just have to live each day as it comes and try to remain positive. Worrying doesnt help, although its really hard not too. Previous mc do make it hard to relax and enjoy your next pregnancy. But each pregnancy is different and fingers crossed for all of us, these are sticky pregnancies!

Take care all of you xx
Sign in to follow this topic