Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

twins already..twins again? Lock Rss

hey all,
i just not long found out im pregnant again being 16 months after my last set of fraternal twin boys were born.. now as any twins mum would ponder am i having twins again? what are my chances of having another set?
the last set were completely made by nature no drugs nothing a real awesome suprise.. but now i think im about 5-6 wks along and the question has arised what if its twins again is it possible i can ask my dr for an early ultrasound to confirm it or should i lie and tell him i need dating scans? its killing me not knowing morning sickness was extreme but its been ona nd off and not particulay in the morning i feel bloated n my ribs ache which is weird.... please help anyone had frat twins again and again??? and what can i do for an early u/s?? laugh
i would lie about knowing the dates!
You don't need to lie, just say to a GP that you want one. But its approx $80 so its upto you if you want to wait or pay.
My gp wouldnt give me one!!!! i ended up going to a diff gp and saying i didnt know the dates as it was my first pregnancy and i was terrified something would be wrong!
Seeing you already have frat twins, you should be a candidate for an early u/s. Because as I am sure you are aware, frat twins have a genetic component so you have a greater chance than someone else who does not have the hyper ovulation gene of having another set. mine are ID twins so just a fluke of nature, I'd love another set, I am sure you will be able to handle the news either way smile Hope you get an u/s!
a friend of mine had twins and 4 years later had another set of twins. I would do the ultrasound just so you know and can prepare yourself. I would just play the dont know the dates line! good luck
Statistically you have a 1 in 4 chance of having twins again! GL. I hope that you get your U/S. Mum in our antenatal class had two sets 2 1/2 years apart. Went to have a scan at 8 weeks to rule out twins, and there they were!!!!

unsure thanks for the replys ladies
this twins thing is bugging me to death and im thinking ill tell him im unsure of lmp chances are 1 in 4 of having another set really do concern me heheh thats a great number for it to happen again it would be nice but for me that would mean 6 children under 5 im going to try to get to see my gp today hes genraly good if i ask him for stuff he normal just gives it to me no questions asked ill let everyone know how i go
I have been wondering this aswell. I had fraternal twin boys that passed away and hubby and i will be TTC sometime down the track this year. In our case we would absolutely love another set of twins.

Let us know how you go once you have an ultrasound!! good luck

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

awww i am so sorry for your loss,
and iw ill keep u all posted ive had one u/s only showing a gestational sac but i was 5 wks pregnant then i should be going for another one in a few weeeks time

awww i am so sorry for your loss,
and iw ill keep u all posted ive had one u/s only showing a gestational sac but i was 5 wks pregnant then i should be going for another one in a few weeeks time

hi there i had fraternal twin boys as well mine r 1 now
I have frat twin girls now 4 and have just found out I'm pg (4 wks). Can someone tell me they had a singleton after twins cos I think I'd panic at twins again!
Sign in to follow this topic