Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Morning Sickness - REAL BAD!!! Any advice??

Morning Sickness - REAL BAD!!! Any advice?? Lock Rss

Hi All!

I'm 10 weeks today and have been suffering from really bad morning sickness from my 5th week. I've tried so many things to try and control it but have not yet found anything that works for me!

I throw up no more than twice per day but I do alot of retching and just feel nauseated from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep at night.

Any one who can suggest anything?

PS: This is my first (after trying for a really long time and eventually having fertility treatment).
Hi,

I also suffered from severe morning sickness, from week 5 to week 16, I couldn't get out of bed, and couldn't even sit up without vomiting or retching. I tried everything - eating a dry biscuit first thing in the morning, sipping electrolyte drinks, ginger teas, Maxalon injections, Stematil injections, but nothing seemed to work. My advice is to go to the hospital, they will put you on a drip. You will feel better for a while, but it doesn't stop it altogether. It's a nice break though. I was told that one reason you feel SO bad is because you're dehydrated, and the drip will re-hydrate you.

Good luck with the sickness and the pregnancy, I know how you feel, but remember it DOES go away (even though it doesn't feel like it at the moment) and there is a light at the end of the tunnell!!!

I am now 33 weeks, and the rest of the pregnancy went fine.

Good luck!

Tracey

P.S. You are due on my birthday!
i had pretty bad morning sickness until i was about 14 weeks.

I found that id rather just throw up to get rid of the nausea. it was the nausea that really got to me, i didnt care about the vomiting. so actually vomiting was the best cure for me...

Some things that kinda helped were lemonaid ice blocks, dry toast with vegemite but no butter... umm... i had sao's with vegemite on my bedside table so when i woke up i ate a few of them before i got out of bed. then i stayed in bed for about 10 mins and felt a lot better when i got up.

ginger is ment to be REALLY good for morning sickness, i never tried this though as i dont like ginger. Maybe try ginger beer or ginger tea??

Good luck with it, and remember it wont last forever!

Harley's Mum - April 2006

I didn't have any morning sickness during my pregnancy so i didn't try this but i have heard that travel sickness bands work really well. I have heard this from a few midwives and other mums. So might be worth just trying.

All the best

2 yrs

i lost 5kg in the first three months, but put it back on fairly quickly after the morning sickness went away - when i got my appetite back i made up for the three months when i didn't eat

robert 15 feb 06 qld

Sign in to follow this topic