Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

What to do with the cat ??? Lock Rss

I was just wondering if anyone could give advice as to what to do about our cat. This is our first bub, and we got the cat about 18 months ago, she is an indoor cat, and letting her out is not an option. She's also had free run of the apartment since we brought her home, we've just started locking her in the laundry at night to get her use to it, but she isn't likeing it much, and it is stressing her out a bit. We thought if we could get her use to being in there well before bub arrives in july, she wouldn't associate the seperation with the bub.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

A friend of mine put a screen door on her babies room to keep their cat out without locking the baby or the cat away.
Thanks OjO, that's a really good idea, but we rent, and the door jams are metal, so I don't think we could do that.

Amy & daughters Jada 10/07/06, Alana 07/04/08

We have a cat & our little bub is 6 1/2 mths now.........I can say we have not had any problem. Our cat is outdoors but is allowed in the house during the day. He sleeps under the house at night. When we first brought bub home he would casually walk past her and have a quick glance and a sniff as he went by her. I always kept a good eye on him around her and he would usually park himself a good couple of metres away from her. He seemed to get a little stressed whenever she cried and would look at me and meow as if to say.......well shouldn't you be doing something to stop the crying. It was quite funny and it was like he was guarding her and it was his job to let me know if she needed attention. He has never been allowed to wander around the bedrooms, we always shoo him away. Just of late he has tried twice to lay on bubs floor rugs........but not when she is on them and I just shoo him. He gets the message. We also have a canopy mosquito net on bubs cot which would prevent the cat from getting into the cot. We have only had this for about 2 1/2mths.

Qld, Mum of Olivia 27/9/05

Sign in to follow this topic