Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Engaged??? Lock Rss

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how long before bub comes does the head engage? And also how do you tell without an ultrasound?

My doctor showed me where bub's head was, and when I knew it was there, I could feel it. But the last few days, it has slipped lower and lower and now its so low, I can't feel it with my hand. Also, whenever I stand up, it feels like something is pushing really hard on my cervix, or lower. Like a massive weight, or something is about to fall out.

Does this mean the baby's head is engaged? And does this mean bub is coming soon? I'm not due for another 7.5 weeks!!! Also, I've been getting braxton hicks about 4 times a day for the last few days, where before that I was getting them about once a week.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Tracey
Hi Tracey

It's normal for the bubs head to engage at this stage in pregnncy with my first the head engaged about 34wks and she was still in there at 40+ weeks.

so no it does not mean that you are going to have the baby soon they can stay there for a long time and there are different levels to how far down they go. you will probabaly find your next doc/midwife appt they will give you a rating out of 5 ie. 5/5 they are engaged but still up high 1/5 they are comming out very very soon.

good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic