Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Morning sickness? Rss

hi just wondering if anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to help with morning sickness? i forgot how bad it can be thanx any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.
Hi twinkletoes, firstly CONGRATULATIONS!! and second sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Morning sickness is the pits!!
There is an old post from 06.10.03 by evelyn23. It is under this heading Pregnancy and Birth but under Keeping fit and healthy during pregnancy. It was about the 4th from the bottom on the first page. It has quite a few tips which I hope you find helps you.
I hope you are feeling better in no time!! Take care.
I found preggie pops were not only yum but the sugar hit helped when I was feeling off colour. I never got round to eating the ginger one but I reckon that would be fantastic.

you can orderthem through this website
http://www.bellybelly.biz/order

love steph smile

Steph VIC Mummy to one gorgeous boy

Congrats!! I had all day sickness...yuk!! The morning was the worst. Ginger biscuits helped me...but at my pregnancy classes when my sickness was well and truly gone..many women raved on about barbecue shapes to help with the nausea..it must be something to do with the spice. Hope it goes away quickly for you.
Sorry I forgot to mention the subject line it is under

Morning Sickness all day long.
Hi Nat,

Having gone through morning sickness twice now, I found the things that worked for me were to eat something light right before I went to bed, often a plain salada biscuit or a sao... then in the morning I would eat another plain dry biscuit before I got out of bed... I kept a container beside the bed with dry crackers in it. I also always had a glass of water at the ready. It helped just to have a little something in my stomach, so that even if I was going to be sick... it wasn't a dry reach!!! They hurt the most. I can't stomach ginger, but a lot of pregnant women swear by it, plus if you are really feeling off you can try those travel sickness bands that you wear on the pressure points of your wrists. I also read somewhere that eating a peeled green apple can settle your stomach. All you can do is try a few things and see what works best for you. Goodluck and I hope you are feeling much better soon.

Michelle
Hi Nat,

My sister swears by Blackmores, Ginger and B6, morning sickness formular. She suffered MS terribly with her first 2, even ending up in hospital, and these tablets have helped her heaps this pregnancy. They recommend 3 a day, she has one and only a second if she is feeling a bit yuck!

Good luck and i hope it eases for you soon,

Tepe

DD5, DS3, DS lost to SIDS at 6mths & DD6m

ginger tablets or just ginger ale might help a bit

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

hi guys well thanx for all the advice and tips i will definatley be going out and buying some ginger biscuits or something ginger cause ginger sounds like it has a good result with morning sickness thanx everyone.

Hi twinkletoes

I had morning sickness that should have been called night sickness as I felt great in the morning, by midday I started feeling off and was really bad by night. I would run home everyday after work and head straight for the toilet. This happened for about 6 months. The ginger did not work for me as the smell made me worse.

I ended up at the Doctors having Maxolin shots and was on Maxolin tablets.

I decided to do away with the drugs and opted for some acupuncture and herbs. They helped a great deal.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Jodie, Qld. Madison (09/09/00), Ashton (22/01/04)

i found that ice blocks were great i suffered nine months of morning sickness.. was admitted to hospital 5 times due to dehydration (couldnt keep water down) had maxolin shots, vitamin shots. IV drip, suppositories... ended up losing 10 kg before i was 3 months pregnant and didnt even reach my pre preggas weight when i gave birth and when i did give birth i lost another 10 kg just from giving birth.... i had the most horrible pregnancy but it was all worth it cause i have a beautiful baby girl. sorry for the horror story but only about 5 in 1000 women suffer horribly like i did. good luck every one with your pregnancy and i hope your morning sickness goes once you hit the 3 month mark.

Jessica, mum to baby Bonnie, NSW

Hi Twinkletoes,
Hate to be a stick in the mud but the O.B I work with told me the only way to get rid of morning sickness is to have the baby. Just keep in mind it does'nt last for long,a strange one I found that helped me was vegemite drink (melt some vegemite in hot water) or tomato's.
Hope your feeling fighting fit very soon.
Stacey

StaceyW.A Cody(Son)10/7/03Jordyn(Daughter)25/11/04

Sign in to follow this topic