Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Mickeyboo - & others - love to hear about stretch and sweep

Mickeyboo - & others - love to hear about stretch and sweep Rss

Hi Mickeyboo, just saw your birth annoucement and read that you had a stretch and sweep.
I would love to hear about your expereince, eg our it felt, how long it took etc.

Also anyone else who has had a stretch and sweep

Chrissy

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

Hi there, I had a stretch and sweep with with my 10 month old daughter about a week before she was due.
It was a little uncomfortable but I wouldn't say that it hurt and only took a couple of minutes, A bit like an internal examination. Doc told me from the feel of my cervix that it had a 60 % chance of working and that if it did I would be in labour in about 3 or 4 hrs. My contractions started about 3 hrs later but eased off in the middle of the night (though I think that might just be me as my contractions came to a grinding halt in the middle of my first labour also and I needed oxytocin to speed things up.)

Being pregnant again I am hoping that they will do that again, certainly beats being overdue.
Good luck with the birth

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Hi Erin, thanks for that, its good to hear how other went.

I assume you has baby the day after the sweep, is that right?

And was your labour quick?

Chrissy

mum2 AJ 05, Mary-Jane 04, Rachael 99 & Jonothan 94

Hi there,
Yep, I had the sweep at about 3pm on a Monday and contractions started by about 6 then slowed right down by about 2 in the morning but they weren't the real strong painful ones, just really uncomfortable, the doc broke my waters first thing in the morning and when things still didn't speed up they put the drip in at about lunch time, Strong contractions from about 1:30 till about 6:30 then pop out she came...literally with about 2 pushes

Hope that helps
Erin

Erin,W.A. kids 12,5,2 and 1

Sign in to follow this topic