Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Little Things Rss

Hey guys,
i am a first time 24 weeks pregnant mum to be. I was wondering if anyone could include a list of things that might be useful to get for when baby is born that unless you have been in the situation before wouldn't think to get. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated smile Thanks and hope you are all well!

Karina, S.A, mum to Kaleb born 25/07/04

hi karina,

i was lucky enough to have a really good friend sit down with me on the phone one day and get me to write a list of everything you need (big things and little) and the amount of them that you are likely to need also.
i would be very happy to share this with you by email, so if you want to take me up on the offer you can email me at jacarandass@yahoo.com.au
look forward to hearing from you

Kristi 5 kids. www.familynfriends.forumwise.com

Hi Karina,

Congratulations on your pregnancy! All I can say is get lots and lots of bibs. I didn't start off with many because I didn't think the baby would need them very often but I soon stocked up on heaps. You won't believe the amount of vomit, milk, spit etc. that a little bubba can bring up and unless you plan on changing their outfit every couple of hours, bibs are a must! We would go through 3 or 4 a day sometimes so get lots of them.

Good luck.

Yvette
Cloth nappies & face washers!
I was one of those who thought I'd do both cloth & disposable, but in the end I'm 100% disposable. The cloth nappies ended up being great as a handy thing to throw over your shoulder, wipe baby's face after breastfeeding, and stop that spurting breast milk! Even now they're useful to lay in the pram and give to bub as a comfort thing in the cot. And when your through with raising kids they make great rags!
The cheap facewashers are great to wet & wipe bubs face and hands after meals (instead of using the brought face wipes all the time).

Congratulations to you & wish you all the best with your pregnancy & birth!

Kristina, Mum of James 3yrs & Matilda 14 months

Hello one of the best things we bought was a Braun ThermoScan (thermometer) . Its the one that goes in your ear and only take around 3 seconds to tell you what your babies temp is. We got ours from the chemist for around $100, 2 yrs ago but I have seen them cheaper now. You use to have to get a special attachment for the new borns due to the size of their ears. We have used it so many times and not just for our son but ourselves. We dont know what we did without it. We also had given to us a eye dropper and medicine cup which has been very useful. With the babies and young ones they may on have 1/2 a ml of medicine so you can imagine how small that is and how hard it is to measure. Even now when we go to the chemist we are asked do you have something at home to measure that amount with. These are usually cheap at Big W, Target or Kmart but if you really need it and you have a sick baby a chemist is your first stop and they can charge an arm and a leg for the same thing. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic