Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Still Breastfeeding No1 and pregnant again!!!

Still Breastfeeding No1 and pregnant again!!! Lock Rss

Just wandered if anyone could tell me what i should maybe do! My son is 13 months old and still breastfeeding through the day and nite and im pregnant with number #2. Is very tiring and draining. What can I do about weaning or can I keep feeding until the next one (!) comes. Any suggestions!
Hi

If you would like to continue feeding I am pretty sure it is possible - perhaps have a look at the Breastfeeding Association website.

I stopped feeding my first baby about a month or so after I fell pregnant with my second as my supply dropped off so much that bubs was waking up for feeds through the night again and was hungry a lot.

My doctor also advised me to discontinue breastfeeding - her reasoning was that it gives the body mixed messages and therefore could result in a miscarraige. If I had looked for other opinions first and my supply wasn't so low I would have continued to feed till 12 months.

If you are feeling so tired and drained perhaps you could look at a vitamin supplement. I am breastfeeding my second daughter and have found that Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding Formula gives me a bit of a lift.

All the best with your pregnancy
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

Sign in to follow this topic