Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

hello to everyone Rss

Hi
my name is April and i am 17. I am nearly 20 weeks pregnant. My baby is due on the 16th of August 2004.

I am new to this site.

i'd love to hear from anyone with advice or anything for a new young mum. I have been reading articles and all on birth and pregnancy and it has helped me out a lot.

Hope to hear from you's soon.

April
I was not a young mother I have my daughters at 22 and thats hard with two but most people tell me that raiseing one child is hard enough then two so my advise to you is be patienctace and listen to people that have been there before you and dont let anyone tell you what to do with your child.

Just to the right thing that you think is right if you need any quetions asked I can help you.

Rebecca
SA twins 10months

Rebecca, SA, two 10months

Hi Rebecca

thank you for your advice. there is one thing i would like to ask are ultrasounds bad for the baby? my father in laws ex g/f said that they are but i didnt think that they could harm it. do you know anything about it?

my baby started kicking last night for the first time. it was quite amazing.
I am 19 and about to have my first baby in 9 weeks. I have had to have 3 ultrasounds for my baby because i was worried one night that she didn't kick so off i went to the hospital to have mt third scan. After that i have been to my midwife every 2 weeks and there is nothin wrong wih my baby from what they have said. I think that if my mum had 8 children and had scans with everyone one of us then i am pretty sure that they are safe.
Good luck with your baby.

Amy

Amy,QLD, mum to 1

Hi April,

My name is shannon im 22 years old and currentally expecting my first baby on the 16th of August Too.

Im having a little girl.... which im so excited about i found out last week at my ultrasound check up.
I have been able to feel her kick for about a month now.

Would love to chat and get to know you and your bub.

I live in Adelaide but you can contact me via email if you wish to chat my email is shannon_doh@optusnet.com.au

Hope to here from you.
Shannon

Shannon WA, DD Tiana 2, No2 EDD 8th May

Hello April,
I'm mandy and I'm new also. althought I'm 23 now, I had my first daughter at 18, she is now 5.

I had to put up with lots of peoples' gossip and talk because I was young, all I can say to you is keep strong and follow your heart, you will know what's best for you and your bub.

It's nice to get advice, but also hard to know which to take so listen to all of it then just do what you think is right.

Good luck with your pregnancy, I'm due with my second on the 23rd august, so it will be fun to compare with each other along the way.

2 cuties 7/5/99 & 8/9/04

Hi April,
I had my son when i was 18 and i recommend that you keep reading alot about pregnancy and expecially birth, you can never be to prepared. Dont be scared to ask you doctor questions about labour if its worrying you. As young mums their are some people who look down on you but dont let them upset you i think young mums can be as good as older mothers if not sometimes better. How does your parents feel about it all? Is the father helping you out?
Hope to hear from you soon!!
Sarah & parker

My email is www.Norsworthy949@Hotmail.com

Sarah, SA, 6week baby

Hi April!
i am like you going to be a young mum!
i am 17 as well like yourself and i cant wait! i'm alot closer than yourself to having my bub!
I have four weeks left and im getting a bit nervous for my partner and I this is both our first baby. My partner has been really really supportive and i hope yours has been too!
My bub is due May 19th 2004 and even though i'm nearly there if you would like to chat because we are probably both had the same feelings. My email is iwannabeamongoose@hotmail.com
take care and goodluck

chantelle+1,hobart,tas

Sign in to follow this topic