Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Birth of twins Rss

Hi all. Can anyone please tell me something. I am pregnant at the moment with twins, due to be born on the 16/05/2004. These babies will be my 4th and 5th so giving birth is really nothing new, but the thing that does scare me a bit is the fact that I may have to give birth naturally, but twice, so I am really hoping that the hospital will do a c-section, but then again I have been told that a c-section is the worst thing that I could want. I have only heard of bad experiences has anyone had a c-section and able to let me know that it really isnt that bad.
I had an emergency c-section because my son's heart rate dropped really quickly. I'd been induced and had an epidural - all three things I hadn't planned on as you hear so many horror stories. The actual surgery didn't take that long - I didn't even know the doctor had cut me open, I didn't feel anything. A lot of people say you feel them pushing and pulling but they'd topped up the epidural just before I went into theatre and it worked really well. I'm glad I was awake so I could see and hear my baby straight away. The worst thing was having to be in recovery for the first hour and being away from my son but my husband went with our him while the paediatrician checked him. As soon as I got back to my room, about an hour after the birth, I was able to breastfeed. The next morning I was out of bed and into the shower. My recovery went really well. I was a bit sore but that is to be expected after abdominal surgery. It's just important to take it easy those first six weeks, accept all the help you are offered as the more you look after yourself the quicker your recovery. If it happened the same again next time it wouldn't bother me at all. So I would have to say personally I didn't find it that bad - nothing like all the horror stories I'd heard.

All the best
Jasmine
My c-section went well, healing fairly quick. I think that was in part due to my taking homeopathic arnica from the time my labour started (my c-section was unplanned). I have to say I am hoping for a natural birth this time, but that is mainly due to having a toddler whom I will still have to lift, and the driving restrictions.
Best of luck whichever way you go.

Rachelle, NZ, son George 10.12.02, Ian 15.06.04

I gave birth to twin girls 18 months ago. I had them both naturally and it was nothing like you expect. After several false labors the nursing staff didn't take the real thing seriously. At about 9:30 pm they finally did an internal so the could give me the recomended epidural but it was too late. They rushed me down to the birthing room and my girls were born at 10:00pm and 10:05pm! I just had gas. As you would know twins are usually born early and are smaller than singletons therefore the actual birth is quite easy. I remeber commenting afterwards that if all births were that easy I would have twenty kids!!!! My girls were six weeks early and weighed only 1700gms and 1950gms. If all goes well you will breeze throught he birth.
Sign in to follow this topic