Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

I am 29 weeks.... Rss

I am almost 29 weeks and today i had to be measured by my midwife and she said that i was 31.14 cm. She said that this could be due to the baby being big or extra fluid. I don't know what to think and am feeling abit worried and thinks that there may-be something wrong with my baby. Has any-one had this happened to them and if so what does it mean?

Thanks

Amy

Amy,QLD, mum to 1

Hi Amy,

Have you had your Glucose challange test yet? I assume at 29 weeks you would have and would have been told if you have gestational diabetes. I had gestational diabetes so I did go on a special diet. I did measure bigger at the start: At 24 weeks I was 27cm, 28 weeks I was 30cm but by 38 weeks I was 37cm. My baby was only 6lb 14oz when she was born.

I am sure there is nothing wrong with your baby, but if you are still worried have a chat to your doctor or another chat to your midwife. I'm sure if she was concerned she would tell you and do other tests.

Hope this helps you feel a little better.

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

I was huge carying my daughter, 42 cm at fnal check before I went into labour. A scan at 36 weeks revealed she was already 7lb 9oz. She was born at 39 weeks weighing 9lb, 54 cm and I had no stitches only a tiny tear. Apart from a long labour (due to presentation not size) everything went well. Don't panic about bubs size, as long as you test negative for gestational diabetes there should'nt be any probs. Good luck

Mum to Maya Grace 02-03, Sienna & Mercedes 10-06

No i haven't had my glucose test yet as i forgot about i. I am due to have it in 2 weeks. My mum had gestional diabetes in her last pregnancy. Is there anything to worry about with the dibeates? I am worrying about this because i think that it may hurt my baby. Everything has been good up until yesterday. I measured the right measurements u until now.

Thank you very much.

Amy

Amy,QLD, mum to 1

Hi again,

Like I said I had gestational diabetes, so I will tell you what happened with me. Don't worry too much as you haven't had your test yet. Wait and see what comes of that first.

I had the challange test and it was slighty elevated so I had the full GTT. This also came back as glucose impaired, so I was treated like I had gestational diabetes. My doctor made me a see a diabetic co-ordinator. I had to go on a special diet and check my sugar levels four times a day. The idea was to keep it below 7. I was able to do this with diet. What happens with gestational diabetes is that the placenta produces a hormone that stops your insulin working as well as it should and so you have higher glucose levels. The glucose crosses the placenta and acts like a growth hormone, hence the bigger babies. By controlling your sugar levels through diet etc, this stops the excess glucose crossing the placenta.

Don't worry though until you have had your test

Mum to DD 08.08.03 and DS 12.05.05

Sign in to follow this topic