Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Hayfever and Polaramine Lock Rss

Hi

I was just wondering if anybody out there can offer me a little advise regarding taking Polaramine while pregnant. I am currently 26weeks preg and have had hayfever, sometimes quite severe, for the past 12weeks. The eyes started last week and that was the final straw. The chemist suggested Polaramine, one every 6hours, if I needed. I only took 1 for 2 nights and then 1 the other morning. What I am finding is that this medication seems to make my otherwise very active baby, very still for many hours, enough for me to begin to worry a little.
I know this medication can make us drowsy but has anyone esle found that it makes the baby very still for hours?????
And do I continue or stop, like I have done, and continue to suffer?
Hi there,

I suffer from hayfever also and the chemist also recommend Polaramine for me. They checked and said it's safe for baby. I am 18 weeks along and have been taking it for about a week. I can't say I have noticed a difference with baby movements though. I'm sure if the chemist recommended it then you are right to continue. There are other medications that are not safe to take while pregnant, but for some reason this one they say is fine. If you are still worried give the company a call and see if they can give you any advice. Good luck!

Alice, Sydney, Emily 18.2.05, Sophie 7.4.06

Sign in to follow this topic